• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
John R that IS alot of crap left on the beach....................but I can't help to notice how beautiful the water looks:wub: sorry, I'm counting down the days till we arrive :wave:

:clap: :D It is so pretty! The stuff left over night looks awful.:shock:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
If it weren't toxic, it looks like a great start to a bonfire to me. Disgusting, trashy, thoughtless people. :angry: IMHO, all tents should be banned.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
So that's where you been! :cool: Your a chair dude. :D Thanks for doin' the right thang for the turtles, TNJed! Maybe others will follow your cue. :clap:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Jed, I feel for you and I see it as an ongoing battle for you guys. It would be nice if you were authorized to hire an extra guy just to help enforce the area you service. But that would open a whole other can of worms for you. My guess is it will come down to personal relationships between you and someone in the county who you can give a call to on a periodic basis to come and clear your area. In between times you and your coworkers and everyone else you can enlist will need to get the word out. Once again the rental agencies will be a big ally for you and can help educate and market for you.

John R - thanks for posting the pics. The largest setup in the pic - those folks drink a lot of beer. They also have a powerful boom box blasting country music so that all of Grayton Beach must suffer. Such a pity when the sound of waves and children playing are not able to be heard on the breeze.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Mermaid, TNJed, I hear what you are saying. I think that part of my simple minded confusion comes from what Jed said about private homes versus condo sites. Many times we have been at a private home and the chairs and umbrellas were left out over night. At the condos, they were (Or are ) not being left out.

I, for one, would love to see tents banned from the beach. Not a lot anyone can do about the boom boxes and too much beer other than try to communicate to these folks (LOL) that they are doing socially unacceptable acts.

The pics tell the story. Some people just don't get it.:pissed:

Anyway, we'll be back in a few weeks (After the rug rats go back to school) and we promise to be good boys and girls.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The largest setup in the pic - those folks drink a lot of beer. They also have a powerful boom box blasting country music so that all of Grayton Beach must suffer. Such a pity when the sound of waves and children playing are not able to be heard on the breeze.

When I heard their music, it was very loud, and more like pop-rock, but either way, if the Sheriff had been notified, they could have been issued a citation. I actually heard their music from Western Lake, and it grew louder as I approached Dead Crab Creek (the outflow).

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
When I heard their music, it was very loud, and more like pop-rock, but either way, if the Sheriff had been notified, they could have been issued a citation. I actually heard their music from Western Lake, and it grew louder as I approached Dead Crab Creek (the outflow).

not sure if it's the same crew or not, but there was some really loud music coming from one of the rental houses that front the creek.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I vote the TDC hires some folks to clean the beaches of ANY debris left overnight. It would reduce the clutter, leave the sheriff's office & beach patrol free to do their jobs, solve the enforcement problem, and keep debris from being airborne in a storm.

The collected items can either be resold or donated to an appropriate charity, depending on the item. I'm sure many a disaster victim would love a tent and a cooler and kiddie toys could be used at shelters.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Those pictures are amazing. All it needed was a old couch and a junkyard dog to complete the picture. People are lazy, that is the bottom line, they do not want to have to haul all of that stuff down everyday. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy.:bang:

In regards to having the beach cleaned up every night or morning. What about people who have gotten in trouble with the law. They could do community service by cleaning up the beach.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I vote the TDC hires some folks to clean the beaches of ANY debris left overnight. It would reduce the clutter, leave the sheriff's office & beach patrol free to do their jobs, solve the enforcement problem, and keep debris from being airborne in a storm.

The collected items can either be resold or donated to an appropriate charity, depending on the item. I'm sure many a disaster victim would love a tent and a cooler and kiddie toys could be used at shelters.

I think the TDC is removing the items once the Sherrif's Department or Code Enforcement tags it. It's my understanding that the TDC does not have the legal authority to enforce the laws so that is why beach patrol and code enforcement has to tag them.