• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It takes a minute to read the NO signs due to the genius that ordered black text on an opaque white background. During the day it causes the writing to shine through and makes it almost impossible to read.

Way to go NOers!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I have noticed some new campaign signs out supporting Cecilia Jones.

The signs are from the local firefighters union. This is a surprise to me. I would also say this is potentially a major concern.

Mrs Jones has a very questionable past when it comes to her current legal activities.
There are obvious allegations in the courts about mismanagement of a trust fund.
Additionally I heard rumors about her double dipping into the insurance in her previous administration and there is still money outstanding that should be paid back to the citizens.

Where is it that she actually resides? I've heard that too.

Rumors also run rampant about her husband's bizarre behavior and his potentially and alleged aggressive attacks toward citizens that oppose her.

Did our firefighters completely vet this candidate? If so, did they look into any of these factual and someone rumored allegations? What are their thoughts?

I would think fire fighters would support businesses being registered while the PAC that supports Jones is very opposed to this.

What's the deal there? I'm confused...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
She has supported public safety. Are we disappointed she doesn't support all our issues, sure. Rarely will we find a candidate who we agree with 100%. Have met Mr Jones once can't say I ran into what you are implying. As for where they live, the last I checked they have homestead on their home in Defuniak. As to legal issues that is something for the courts to determine. As for a PAC that supports her I haven't seen where she has received any monies from any PAC's from the business community other than individual businesses. Hope this answers your question.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
She has supported public safety. Are we disappointed she doesn't support all our issues, sure. Rarely will we find a candidate who we agree with 100%. Have met Mr Jones once can't say I ran into what you are implying. As for where they live, the last I checked they have homestead on their home in Defuniak. As to legal issues that is something for the courts to determine. As for a PAC that supports her I haven't seen where she has received any monies from any PAC's from the business community other than individual businesses. Hope this answers your question.

The small business group headed by Gary Shipman supports her...Public Safety my butt.

They are 100% against any business license or registration which you guys need.

How do you know who has a business? Run it out of a home, who cares...? Right?

Do they cook food, in mass out of a house in a subdivision? Did they add ovens, etc. Do they store chemicals on site?

What about occupancy? How many can cram into a vacation or long term rental. Does this not effect insurance claims? And better yet the SAFETY of your troops?

If I went to a house fire, I might like to know if someone rewired a electric system or for example,may be storing chlorine on site, or added natural gas lines to supply cooking equipment.

She supports "first responders", because she has to, in order to get your votes.

Wasn't Danny Glidewel an actual first responder? Why not him? He's been on the front lines, unlike your candidate that has seemed to be the Subject of (law enforcement)...

Emails???

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
All I can tell you was when we had our discussions with Mrs Jones she was supportive of many of our issues. She was supportive of us when she a Commissioner in the past.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Bob I'm just curious about one aspect of this. Did your group meet with all of the candidates? Send out a questionnaire for them to respond to?

I heard somewhere you only met with Mrs Jones. Is that true ?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bob I'm just curious about one aspect of this. Did your group meet with all of the candidates? Send out a questionnaire for them to respond to?

I heard somewhere you only met with Mrs Jones. Is that true ?

Yes, she sought us out. The only issues we discussed were public safety related. She also has been supportive of our issues in the past.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You are correct. Since then we have not endorsed a County Commissioner Candidate until now. Also If you will remember we did not endorse Mrs Jones in that race.