• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Wow, even more questions arise from Bob Hudson's post.... You didn't talk with any other candidates? Not too thorough of an endorsement process was it?

So all one has to do is "seek out" the Union and then agree with you on "public safety" issues and they're in!

As a person who lives in the community has supported the fire department and its Union, I am disappointed in your decision and even more so in the way you made it.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Wow, even more questions arise from Bob Hudson's post.... You didn't talk with any other candidates? Not too thorough of an endorsement process was it?

So all one has to do is "seek out" the Union and then agree with you on "public safety" issues and they're in!

As a person who lives in the community has supported the fire department and its Union, I am disappointed in your decision and even more so in the way you made it.

You know, I was honest and upfront how we decided. Really it makes no difference to me personally what your issue is on our selection process. Just as I won't criticize you on how you determine who you will or won't vote for because we have that right as you do. We selected and if people want to support our candidate or not that is their choice. Also please do not mistake that this is a Union endorsement not a Fire Department endorsement.

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
You know, I was honest and upfront how we decided. Really it makes no difference to me personally what your issue is on our selection process. Just as I won't criticize you on how you determine who you will or won't vote for because we have that right as you do. We selected and if people want to support our candidate or not that is their choice. Also please do not mistake that this is a Union endorsement not a Fire Department endorsement.

When you start putting out signs for a candidate you become open to criticism. I don't have my own signs to put out supporting anyone... If I did, I expect some push back from opposition.

Who with the Union was involved in this decision making process? Was it only you or were other Firefighters involved in the conversation with Candidate Jones?

Can you share what questions you asked her and how she responded? How does she plan to support first responders?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So you are the opposition. Then nothing I say or do will make any difference with you.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
So you are the opposition. Then nothing I say or do will make any difference with you.

First, I'm still undecided in the Dist. 2 Race.

Second, I'm not your opposition, I have stated how I've been a supporter of the Fire Department and the Union.

However, based on your posts, I could see where I would start to question my support of your group, based on your inability to answer questions about the candidate you all selected...

In addition, now I hear your candidate didn't even show up to the event last night. The forum was basically in her back yard... What excuse will she have for missing... 1) Family Illness, 2) Fear of being asked real questions about Subpoenaed Emails, Law Suits from a past constituent, double dip of Health Insurance, etc.

My guess is she'll use #1, but the real reason is #2.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
He's just another Union lapdog, no matter how you feel about this vote it definitely benefits the Union, so the Union stooge is blindly pimping it as hard as he can. The impotence of the Unions has driven them into any possible issue big or small to try to dig a toe in.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Just surprises me that a Republican would solicit and accept an endorsement from a union. We all know unions are not organized for collective bargaining, they are the work of the devil himself. (Please read the dripping sarcasm about unions being the work of the devil.). Did Mrs. Jones get endorsed by teachers union?

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
The small business group headed by Gary Shipman supports her...Public Safety my butt.

They are 100% against any business license or registration which you guys need.

How do you know who has a business? Run it out of a home, who cares...? Right?

Do they cook food, in mass out of a house in a subdivision? Did they add ovens, etc. Do they store chemicals on site?

What about occupancy? How many can cram into a vacation or long term rental. Does this not effect insurance claims? And better yet the SAFETY of your troops?

If I went to a house fire, I might like to know if someone rewired a electric system or for example,may be storing chlorine on site, or added natural gas lines to supply cooking equipment.

She supports "first responders", because she has to, in order to get your votes.

Wasn't Danny Glidewel an actual first responder? Why not him? He's been on the front lines, unlike your candidate that has seemed to be the Subject of (law enforcement)...

Emails???

There is already a business license for working from home in Walton County.
The "license" was proposed to help SWFD know what businesses are there, but that's already covered with occupancy certificate. If the business type changes, new inspection, new occupancy certificate.
If the "license" was really to address safety, then why not once cent of the $50 would go to swfd. ?
$20 - cost to collect
$20 general county fund
$10 Economic Development
The small business group is not totally against a license, if the funds go where they are supposed to, the license covers what its supposed to cover, and proper records kept.
Certainly opposed to another tax cos that is what it is at the end of the day.
All that's open for debate.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Yesterday I received a "letter bomb" thru the mail that questioned Sharon's Roberts MBA.

Today I received a "letter bomb" thru the mail "educating me" on Kim Kirby's tenure as City Manager of DeFuniak Springs.

No disclaimer on either and no return address on the envelope it was mailed in. Letter bombs are beginning to outnumber legal campaign literature.

So far I've received pieces like this on Cecilia Jones, Bill Eddins, Sharon Roberts, and Kim Kirby.

So much for "local values"

Last edited: