• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Is there a good story with this, like did a giant manatee bump into your kayak, knocking you and the 10 foot shark you just reeled aboard into the drink, etc. etc??

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
went out for a paddle to the north side and back. water was smooth as silk, though sky had been gray all day. headed out, sun shining, shirt off, no wind. took 40 min to get to other side. clouds building, so i get over, take a pee, and head back. on way back south clouds start heading westwest to east/southeast and activity starts to build on other side of bridge, then i can see north end of bridge is in the activity. i'm making pretty good headway, and by the time things start to get hectic, i'm just north of the channel. it comes in fast and furious, and i'm paddling like crazy with the right, just to stay headed semi south. the seas are cresting at 1-5 to 2 feet and i'm staying in the troughs, until, i get rolled, south of channel by now.

stuff is in new ziplock, and xm is in old ziplock with opening on top for antenna/earbuds. at this point i'm more concerned to just hang on. boat is full, no pfd, big seas, and lightning. kinda freakin' try a couple of times for re-entry, but seas too high and boat too full. look at phone to see about calling someone(who, ghostbusters?) and phone and camera look like goldfish in a bowl, bummer. i just hang tight, all the while kicking towards shore. storm eventlly passes, things calm down, and i finally feel terra softa underfoot. so i 'walk' the rest of the way in.

xm still submerged in cockpit, phone and camera on drainboard(why?)
lessons? buy pump, buy whistle, buy real 'electronics' dry bag, buy water enclosure for camera(there would have been some really cool action pics if camera stayed dry), don't put tounge on hot grill.

kind of took the rest of the day off and watched tv aferwards

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Allifunn said:
:shock: No pfd??? YIKES!

Let Mermaid take you PFD shopping. She'll pick out a snazzy one for you!

Glad you are OK- what a scary story!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
jdarg said:
Let Mermaid take you PFD shopping. She'll pick out a snazzy one for you!

Glad you are OK- what a scary story![/QUOTE]

What she said! Thank goodness you are ok! I was so distracted by the no pfd that I forgot to say this!:blush:

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
John R said:
i ordered a new camera last night. my brother let me fiddle with his and Smiling Joe sent over a link to a Cnet ratings page. my brother's camera ranked highest of the handful i looked at, so i jumped on it, love ebay. phone will be replaced when i can get up to the alltel store.

So now, someone really needs to buy theses CSNY tickets so I can fund the camera.
what are you selling? i have no idea.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jessifunn said:
what are you selling? i have no idea.
For Sale: C,S,N,Y Philips Arena, 8/10, 1 pr, Face plus freight

tickets to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. Playing in Atlanta.