• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
WOW, :clap_1: I think that's one of the best yet! I love the variations in color. Looks like the phone may be a winner.
Thanks, that made my morning, and I needed it. :love:

I didn't notice SJ's picture from last night, that one is cool too. :clap_1:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Wow glad you are safe,:lol: The bay had funn with us the other night, will post in seperate thread.
Thanks for the pics.......they are great!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
John R...I must have missed this thread somehow and just read your harrowing story! I am so glad you made it out of that situation!!! My heart was pumping just reading the story!

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
John R...I must have missed this thread somehow and just read your harrowing story! I am so glad you made it out of that situation!!! My heart was pumping just reading the story!

me too kitty - glad you are safe and sound john r - things are replaceable, people ain't...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
John R, thinking more about your scarey incident at sea, I am reminded that too often, we forget that we need to practice/train for worse case scenerios. Most of the time, there is never an incident, but what if there were? What if my kayak began taking on water from a small crack, and I was too far out and the currents were strong? What would I do? Should I have packed that life jacket which I keep in the car? What if I, like you, get dumped out in deep water? Will I be able to climb back on? The last time I fell off my kayak was when I was riding a decent wave onto the beach. It dumped me hard, face first, onto the hard beach sand. Ouch! ... but what if I were way out and a Shark dumped me? Would I be able to calmly get back on my kayak?

We need to be able to handle those tough, and hopefully rare, situations that are not common. I think we can apply this to all aspects of life. Thanks for the gentle (on my part) reminder. Again, glad you made it back.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
John R said:
thanks to mr. SJ for covering while i'm down, great pic. sky looks quite angry.

from expensive :eek: phone w/camera(among many other things). the young gentleman at the alltel store worked me.

bay2006-08-01.jpg

another masterpiece...maybe I can see that in 21 days.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
Wow, scary story! Glad to hear you made it back okay. I think you just gave me the motivation to go ahead and add those bulkheads to my kayak this weekend.