• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thank you for the welcome. I was just trying out MY new readers, but can see that it is hard to read:blush:

:clap: ...wow, what a difference! Now, keep posting!!

Photo taken east of Eastern Lake.
Isn't that sign for the neighborhood just west of the proposed high-density development called Angelos (http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/7378)? There are a lot of upset people in that neighborhood. Maybe the sign is a reflection of that? :dunno: Something tells me we'll be seeing more signs like this if more and more high-density developments are approved by the county, causing beach crowding (not to mention traffic, parking problems, etc.) and other conflicts. Five years ago this wasn't a problem, but then five years ago we didn't have the explosion of high-density developments that have had recently. The beach is getting smaller as compared to, say, five years ago, but the number of people using it is growing rapidly.:sosad:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Question:
Judging by building sizes, the area around One Seagrove Place is one of the denser/condoized areas on 30A. Why do they not seem to have these turf war & crowding issues? Or do they and I am just unaware of them? I know there are a lot more people on the beach there, but haven't heard of issues.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Question:
Judging by building sizes, the area around One Seagrove Place is one of the denser/condoized areas on 30A. Why do they not seem to have these turf war & crowding issues? Or do they and I am just unaware of them? I know there are a lot more people on the beach there, but haven't heard of issues.
Good question. I recall Howard Carr, developer of Cassine Gardens, and a truly nice and considerate man, maybe having something to do with it. I don't know the details, but I vaguely recall Howard being a part of the reason why One Seagrove Place (OSP) has public accesses on both sides. Kudos to OSP also, for something I mentioned two years ago. When the storms took out the public accesses in that area, OSP allowed Cassine Owners and guests, to go through OSP and use their private walkover, in order to access the beach. :clap: I'm not sure where the concept of being neighborly got lost around here, but it is really nice to see that the concept isn't completely forgotten.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Good question. I recall Howard Carr, developer of Cassine Gardens, and a truly nice and considerate man, maybe having something to do with it. I don't know the details, but I vaguely recall Howard being a part of the reason why One Seagrove Place (OSP) has public accesses on both sides. Kudos to OSP also, for something I mentioned two years ago. When the storms took out the public accesses in that area, OSP allowed Cassine Owners and guests, to go through OSP and use their private walkover, in order to access the beach. :clap: I'm not sure where the concept of being neighborly got lost around here, but it is really nice to see that the concept isn't completely forgotten.
I was hoping the answer was that people were being nice and sharing!!!

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006

I agree OSP have been good neighbors. Also, the beach in front of OSP is publically-owned by the Bureau of Land Management (Fed's) and is under lease by the County. That is probably why there isn't too much trouble there.

Question:
One Seagrove Place is surrounded by a lot of single-family homes and duplexes south of 30-A, both to the east and the west.
oneSeagrove.jpg

Besides, you can't use One Seagrove Place as an argument for building more high-density developments. It wasn't planned according to the current Walton County Land Development Code -- it was grandfathered in.

NOTE: Google Maps has many of the street names shifted a block or so in this area; for example, Seagrove Place is mislabeled.

Last edited: