• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I contact them every 6 months or so to beg, cajole, and threaten to take my business elsewhere (to whoever is actively advertising a good deal at the time). They usually find a way to hold or lower my bill. Sometimes I have to call back a time or 2 until I reach someone who will "work with me". Sometimes after I've received a 6 month "discount", I have to let the bill go back up for a couple of months before starting the process all over again.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I'm just wondering how much my cable bill would go down if Mediacom stopped send me ads in the mail telling me about there "great service". This is the third day in a row that I have gotten a current resident mailing extoling the virtues of Mediacom service.

All I'm asking is that they run there current subscribers list thru there marketing database. :bang:

They are pretty lame--I moved into my brand new house 3 months ago and bundled the phone sytem with cable and interent, the phone screw up just got resolved--the good news is I did get 3 month of phone (partial) credit, so the "squeaky wheel does get the oil." Service is not the greatest, the service tech could make more at McDonalds and they are all overworked with 10 to 12 hour days!:angry:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I contact them every 6 months or so to beg, cajole, and threaten to take my business elsewhere (to whoever is actively advertising a good deal at the time). They usually find a way to hold or lower my bill. Sometimes I have to call back a time or 2 until I reach someone who will "work with me". Sometimes after I've received a 6 month "discount", I have to let the bill go back up for a couple of months before starting the process all over again.
When they increased my bundled package from $100/mo to $150/mo, I called to tell them about their shOtty business model, and they told me the only way I could get the rate back down to $100/mo was to discontinue the service for 6 months, then sign back up. I told them to go ahead and discontinue the cable tv part, (had all kinds of problems with that), then soon told them to discontinue it all when I moved.

Businesses know people don't like change, so I fail to understand why they would want to drive away people from their service, and risk them not returning because they find another company to offer the same services. I have friends, who discontinue the service in one person's name, then re-up in the other person's name. I guess anyone could do that by changing the service to a different family member's name. Just an idea.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
EVERY (and I do mean EVERY) time that Mediacom goes out, call them and tell them you want that lost time deducted from your bill.

They aren't going to take steps to fix the problems until it becomes a financial loss for them.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
FOR REAL! Guess the fiber optics need a defroster on them or something.Its as bad as CHELCO always going out on the coldest night of the year. Fortunately it didnt happen last night, but then again its still only 25 degrees here so it could possibly happen before it reaches freezing.
You probably mean to say "before it reaches thawing" I thought maybe you live where there were different physical laws--then it dawned on me.

EVERY (and I do mean EVERY) time that Mediacom goes out, call them and tell them you want that lost time deducted from your bill.

They aren't going to take steps to fix the problems until it becomes a financial loss for them.
Haha...busy most times and on the "special number" whatever gets worked out doesn't stay worked out. I have Dish for tv and kept basic cable for CBS and the internet. I have been satisfied with the net part but absolutely DESPISE!! the cable service.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
They are pretty lame--I moved into my brand new house 3 months ago and bundled the phone sytem with cable and interent, the phone screw up just got resolved--the good news is I did get 3 month of phone (partial) credit, so the "squeaky wheel does get the oil." Service is not the greatest, the service tech could make more at McDonalds and they are all overworked with 10 to 12 hour days!:angry:

Our internet, tv, and phone are bundled. TV worked fine the two weeks we were there. The internet and phone kept dropping enough to be irritating, though, to the point that I called a Tech out. Of course, it was all working when he got there, and all he could do is state the obvious...

Considering our alarm is tied to the phone, I'm wondering it bundling is really such a great idea. Murphy's Law would dictate that somebody would break in while the connection was down...

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Anybody else receive a MediaCrap bill today that appears to include another rate increase??

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
Anybody else receive a MediaCrap bill today that appears to include another rate increase??

Got mine. It's now $60.77/mo. for cable TV. Last year it was $57.46/mo.

So far I've experienced far more trouble with my phone (Embarq) than with my cable, though.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Got mine. It's now $60.77/mo. for cable TV. Last year it was $57.46/mo.

So far I've experienced far more trouble with my phone (Embarq) than with my cable, though.

Yes, here in South Walton we have all sorts of special things. Including the special joy of crappy utilities all around with no other choice. It is truly special. :shock:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
I'm just wondering how much my cable bill would go down if Mediacom stopped send me ads in the mail telling me about there "great service". This is the third day in a row that I have gotten a current resident mailing extoling the virtues of Mediacom service.

:rotfl: I've never had a cable company go down so much :bang: