• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Re: Consumer Driven Fee-For-Service Health Care Makes A Comeback

Shelly, it's far too easy to be a critic from afar. I'd like to know what your solution is for providing any type of affordable medical or dental care for the 48 million people in the U S who can't afford what the health insurance industry is asking.[/LEFT]

How about Procard International? http://www.procardinternational.com/

They have dental for $9.95 AND they've got PizzaDelivery.com as a partner company! AND as of a few minutes ago, they're an accredited business with the BBB. :cool:

Or how about passing up the middlemen and contacting one of the doctors or dentists listed on the website and ask them to give you a discount for cash service (maybe even ask to split the $20 monthly fee--$10 for his/her trouble).

Seriously, I understand that the health system in the USA is screwed up, but the MLM companies are more about making money through recruiting people who provide them money, not only through sales of <in this case> health care cards (which deliver no guarantees of availability of medical services), but are making the lion's share of their income by selling IBO kits, websites, dvds, training materials and advertising material; and the monthly dues of their "brokers." At the core, these MLMs are all the same...they only differ in the type of "legitimate" product they are pushing.

The nuts and bolts of MLMs caught my attention while I was in college and saw a fun-loving, newly married couple I knew turn into Amway pod-people almost overnight....it was one of the reasons I chose to write a research paper on MLMs.

Last edited:

gypsy639

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2008
www.affordablehealthcare4u.net

I see you are still beating the MLM drum. How much is enough? Just provide the world with a serious alternative to the health care system as we know it.

I hope you find a real project to occupy your time. I for one have too full a plate to continue this p....... contest about MLM. My focus is working with people who can't afford health insurance or can;t get it because they are uninsurable.

Good luck with your efforts.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

gypsy, you are really barking up the wrong tree here. We have all already been thru this with someone else locally. You need money and standing behind the register at TomThumb wasn't glamorous. We understand that, but seriously go sell this product at church, a social club, or door to door.

P.S. I'll take SHELLY's opinion over yours any day.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

I hope you find a real project to occupy your time. I for one have too full a plate to continue this p....... contest about MLM.

Good luck with your efforts.

One thing I know about MLMs is that they become more prevalent during economic downturns--as evidenced by recent posts from MLMs on this message board and throughout the Internet.

That being the case, my current project is to alert people to give pause...stop...think...and do some research before tossing their hard-earned money at these MLMs.

I do hope that your customers have found some value in the product you have sold them.

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

That being the case, my current project is to alert people to give pause...stop...think...and do some research before tossing their hard-earned money at these MLMs.

and all this time I thought your current project was trying trying to figure out how to get the non nibbled chocolate from the bottom layer of the box. :D
My bad. Carry on. :doh:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

and all this time I thought your current project was trying trying to figure out how to get the non nibbled chocolate from the bottom layer of the box. :D
My bad. Carry on. :doh:

He or She is multi tasking. ;-)

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005

Shelly - I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your informative posts on this board.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
More MLM stuff merged here. I would think the internet would make it harder to get people to fall for this garbage. I guess people involved are:
A) Too dumb to Google
B) Preying on A)
C) All of the above