• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Take your real estate business to a whole new level

not sure if you posted it in the right category. I thought, with your name, that you were a spybot marketing the latest real estate how to packages. Still not sure on what you are selling, or whom you are trying to employ. I did go to your site, but still confused. :dunno:

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006

not sure if you posted it in the right category. I thought, with your name, that you were a spybot marketing the latest real estate how to packages. Still not sure on what you are selling, or whom you are trying to employ. I did go to your site, but still confused. :dunno:

Not a "spybot". I have posted before.

As far as who I am looking to employ: just informing people of a genuine opportunity to build a real estate business, that's it. Anyone interested is employed by Global Realty Marketing, not me. They have to be licensed in at least one state, but can recruit nationally. The reason I posted was because I know how the Panhandle has been hit with the slowdown in the real estate industry. Other parts of the country did not experience so much of a bubble.

Regarding one of your recent posts on the surf conditions warning flags, I agree with you. Something needs to be done to get the message across to people that when the water is unsafe, don't go in. I have a few ideas; I will add to another thread.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Are you a Realtor? Loan Officer? I don't see you listed in the Emerald Coast of Realtors, and other than recruiting other members, I cannot determine what Global Realty Marketing, Inc or World Leadership Group do for a business.
I guess that fees are included in each of these groups you must join and I see that you pay fees to your trainers off of your first recruits. Sounds too much like a pyramid scheme to me. :dunno:

I'll buy anyone a beer who can watch the "Realty Revolution Video" and tell me what the heck kind of job this is. Sounds like whomever joins will be so busy recruiting that they will not have time to actually sell anything other than memberships to these companies.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

"you can be virtual broker across state lines." kind of vague, eh and bordering on illegal unless licensed in multiple states as a broker? :dunno: and that is not all. "you can also break into the mortgage business." Next thing you know, you will get a set of Ginzu steak knives.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

actually, I will give anyone a beer who can just watch that video in its entirity.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal

Wow, I did not expect this kind of negativity.

If what I do is not for you, that's OK. What each of you do for a living might not be something I might be interested in, but if you are passionate about it, I wish you much success.

Bob, thanks for at least checking out what you commented on. Say what you want about Hubert Humphrey, but over the last 20 years he has built up two companies and sold them to major corporations, and in the process, helped many people become financially independent. I hope to have that track record. He will do the same with Global Realty Marketing in a few years.

Smiling Joe, my last name is Seal, not Steal. "Scenethief" is just a play on words as in "steal the scene". :) Just a reference to my having a few small roles in a few films.

I DID post this thread in the right category, right? Employment.
I've got a theory about the negativity. I'll say cynicism. I'm cynical/sarcastic many times because I can't do this at home. You must admit though, anyone with a home twice as big as John Edwards has the empire flu. Who knows, he may pull this idea off, but I doubt many brokers want to give up a share of the transaction to pay their downline. Or is it upline??

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006

"you can be virtual broker across state lines." kind of vague, eh and bordering on illegal unless licensed in multiple states as a broker? :dunno: and that is not all. "you can also break into the mortgage business." Next thing you know, you will get a set of Ginzu steak knives.

Joe, in another thread you state that a trend in RE is towards having a virtual office, that you could see within 10 years not having to open a brick and mortar office like you have had to do.

That time is now. No need to have the overhead of a brick and mortar office. With laptops and cell phones, most progressive RE agents don't need to go into an office anymore.

As far as "bordering on illegal unless licensed in multiple states as a broker?.." GRM is licensed in 37 states right now with more to come. Our state broker for Florida is in Orlando. We will add more brokers employed directly by GRM in other areas of Florida as sales volume and agents increase. We have a broker employed by GRM in each of the 37 states as well. We will open up the remaining 13 states, and then expand into other countries.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

It's the Amway pyramid compensation plan business model...but instead of selling detergent and air freshener they sell condos and houses :dunno:

Over the last couple years, the market was flooded with newly-minted RE agents chasing the easy money. With many now seeing their commissions drying up, the environment is ripe for the likes of GRM to once again give them something to get excited about. GRM had its big nationwide launch at the most recent NAR convention in NOLA. The folks who visited their information booth are now fanning out across the nation recruiting underlings. Additionally, I'm sure they'll be cranking out a never-ending supply of motivational books, tapes and conferences so the followers can fund the lifestyles of those on the top.

If this concept takes offs, and the leaders can sufficiently jazz their underlings, the GRM crowd may be serious competition for the traditional Realtor. But in the near-term, I find it difficult to believe that this Amway-like business model will be as successful for agents selling real estate than it was for agents selling floor cleaner...especially in a declining RE market.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

As a experienced Realtor, I can think of no reason why I would think about giving up portions of each of my sale to other recruiters on the chain. In fact, I think most experienced agents would never bite. This company is not even a a member of Emerald Coast Association of Realtors. Having the company licensed in several states really has no benefit more than most other companies. I am actively licensed only in the state of Florida, yet I can give referrals to other great Realtors in any state or country.

In the state of Florida, only one in four real estate agents are Realtors. The difference? Realtors have a Code of Ethics by which we are governed. I searched for your name in the list of Realtors with ECAR, and I couldn't find it. Are you a Realtor? :dunno:

By the way, I recruit buyers and sellers, not other real estate agents. I think it is easier to sell a property when you showing property rather than recruiting other people to take a portion of their sales. They, too, are probably busy recruiting, so your take of zero is how much? Oh, yeah, now I remember.

Last edited:

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove

SJ, I appreciate and second your comments about us Realtors. And Shelly, I think your comments are pretty accurate as well (as usual). In a market like we're in & probably will be for a while, the extra $$ needed to pay upstream MLM people as well as the agent(s) directly involved seems hard to find. And in an easier, busier market, most agents ought to be able to make a good living if they're smart & hard working.

In my experience, all MLM schemes are way less about giving someone the opportunity (downstream) to make a better life for themselves, and more about easy $$ for the upstream people that got in early. It's ultimately a chain letter, a Ponzi scheme, and the people at the end are left holding the bag.

I for one welcome people who want to make a good living into the real estate business, but you don't need the "support" and "innovation" of MLM to do it ... learn your market inside/out, work hard for your customers, tell the truth and you'll do fine.

Last edited: