• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Re: Take your real estate business to a whole new level

John Edwards is an amateur!

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006

In one of the four videos on the link you provided, it was stated that the agent who recruited a newbie took a portion of the recruit's commissions. It also stated that those commissions went right up the chain to the agent who recruited the agent who recruited the agent who recruited the newbie who actually worked for the commission. I believe that is where it cut into the 80%.

You are right, Joe.

We pair up the newbie with a field trainer who may/may not be the agent who recruited the newbie. The field trainer will help the newbie on their first few sales, and get a portion of each sale. The other portion of the 20% is divided according to the agreed pay plan.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006

A blurb from Clark Howard's website regarding multilevel marketing:

multi-level marketing

You make money in two ways in a multilevel marketing organization: you buy products from the company and resell them to customers, and you recruit people into the organization and earn a commission off their sales.
Don't join a multilevel marketing organization unless you have sales ability, you believe in the product, and the product is priced fairly.
Don't join if the main purpose of the organization is rounding up new recruits. Such an organization may be an illegal pyramid.
If you're an outstanding salesperson who would do well at multi-level marketing, you would probably do better by selling through a traditional sales channel, where you don't have to split your commissions.

I am a huge Clark Howard fan.

We don't get paid when a recruit signs up. NO ONE gets paid unless a real estate side is closed or a mortgage is closed.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006

You're scaring me, scenethief -- your posts sound like you've been drinking out of that kool-aid vat.

Most MLM schemes I've seen over the years are based on building one's business, not only by recruting one's network/downstream/whatever, but by bringing a product or service to the consumer that's new/different/cheaper/not available elsewhere, like Amway or vitamins or pre-paid phone cards, etc.

what's being brought to the consumer here, that they can't get elsewhere? and, feckless or not, why on earth does an agent in Oklahoma want some of his $$ to go to me in Florida, other than to get a chance for him to get $$ from agents in other states? This is the chain-letter, house of cards aspect that I find very objectionable. Like any pyramid scheme, it only works because eventually there's no one else to recruit down at the very bottom. There's no magical well of $$ that flows six layers up.

Greetings from Atlanta! I am at our corporate headquarters this week for more Kool Aid consumption. We even had a large bonfire last night and we all danced around the fire like wild Injuns (kidding).

I have met BROKER/OWNERS from California, Missouri, North Carolina, the list goes on that, like I, think that the Kool Aid is DEEE-LICIOUS.

Jimmy, your argument is convoluted and just plain ignorant. We follow the laws according to the individual state(s) that we are licensed in: 37 states with more to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove

I have met BROKER/OWNERS from California, Missouri, North Carolina, the list goes on that, like I, think that the Kool Aid is DEEE-LICIOUS.

Jimmy, your argument is convoluted and just plain ignorant. We follow the laws according to the individual state(s) that we are licensed in: 37 states with more to come.

If you're going to call me names, at least read my post & debate me on the issues raised -- you didn't address my points about the nature of MLM at all. And, BTW, I didn't claim that no one would want in, and I didn't claim this was illegal.

As others in the thread also state, I maintain that the "override" $$ comes from somewhere, from someone, and eventually there'll be no one left downstream to pay the people that came late to the party. And, I asked you what you're bringing to the consumer that they can't get elsewhere.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
MLM discussion

Supposedly it is a legitimate mulit level marketing company affiliated with AT&T, Verizon, Nextel, Dish Network, etc...
Of course you are paid according to how many people you can sign u and so forth. Apparently this thing is pretty hot right now and supposedly you can make up to 50k/month blah blah blah.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this company? I am having a background check done on them right now including pending lawsuits and financial health.

I know many people who have made money in these programs, am just looking for info on this specific company.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Anyone know Fortune High Tech Marketing?

the question you have to ask is, are you making money by selling products, or are you making money by signing people up? If the first, it might be decent, but if the latter, RUN! What will you be selling, phone services?

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Re: Anyone know Fortune High Tech Marketing?

It's both SJ. From the best I have heard you get money for each person you sign up and the people they sign up. You also receive residuals on money they are saving.

The companies who have affiliated with Fortune High Tech offer discounts to those who use them. For example, when your cell phone contract runs out you sign up with one of the affiliates through FHTM. You then receive a 5-20% discount on your monthly bill through that affiliate. So essentially you are saving yourself money on things you are already paying for.
They say that these corporations are paying them big money as to gain long term clientele. I know several reputable people in this area that have jumped in hard. Didn't know if anyone here was involved and if they made any $?