• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Re: Anyone know Fortune High Tech Marketing?

They are having a presentation and question/answer time tonight. It's at 7:30 tonight at Houston 8. Houston 8 is located between Sarah K's and Subway in the Best Buy parking lot.

I'm going to check it out. I'll look into anything that may make some money on the side. It's open to the public so anyone that may be interested should be there.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

In a way, but it seems like there's an opportunity to make some money. It's not really a scheme, but seems to be a legit business set up in that fashion. The background check just came back pretty clean. I just read several articles on the internet about the founder Paul Orberson that were very positive about him.

If you think about it a lot of businesses are kind of set up the same way. A Real Estate office is kind of set up the same way. Money trickles down from the broker. I know plenty of Real Estate companies that pay bonuses to agents for recruiting also.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I'd be running the other way. You are essentially a recruiter, and are not selling anything. How much money are they charging for you to attend the seminar, or to start up?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Josh, you are right about some real estate offices being set up for sharing income of people who you bring aboard. Keller Williams is one of those companies. However, most agents at Keller Williams are on board to sell real estate. Recruiting is secondary. The scenario in the model you present, you are not selling anything. You are simply recruiting people who recruit people, who recruit people.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

They are selling a service. They recruit people to use a service provider that is affiliated with them. Then when you switch to their provider you get a discount on your bills anyway. Essentially you would be saving yourself money. I don't know enough about it, but my interest has been peaked.
It's a $299 set up fee, but you would make that back after signing up 3 people. I just got off the phone with my private investigative buddy in California who told me that he hasn't ever been sued and been in business since 2001. That's pretty impressive for anyone running a business.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

So they make $300 per person who signs up. You make $100 per person you sign up. I have plenty of information to know that you should RUN. I've ran a business longer than that, and knock on wood, I haven't been sued either. The Club isn't necessarily illegal. It is much like a buying club, where members receive discounts on items they buy from certain vendors who pay to be in the Club and they have to offer discounts in return. The company which is setting this up is really the only one making any money. Cell phone contracts are highly competitive right now, and anyone who knows what they are doing can negotiate with the cell phone reps for better rates or discounts on phones. If Alltel has the best reception around here and your Club doesn't have Alltel as a carrier, and you go with Company X, because they offer a discount, but now don't have decent reception, you have not gotten a deal. You have gotten hosed.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I remember when a guy I knew made an appointment to talk with me one day, many years ago. I thought he wanted to talk business, with him buying my services, because that is what he indicated. This was a retired man, former military. He came in as scheduled and started to tell me about the great business of selling long distance for telephones. I was polite, and declined, but I wanted to kick him out and slam the door. This is no different. Start pitching your friends and acquaintances about switching service providers and you will not have any friends.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

So they make $300 per person who signs up. You make $100 per person you sign up. I have plenty of information to know that you should RUN. I've ran a business longer than that, and knock on wood, I haven't been sued either. The Club isn't necessarily illegal. It is much like a buying club, where members receive discounts on items they buy from certain vendors who pay to be in the Club and they have to offer discounts in return. The company which is setting this up is really the only one making any money. Cell phone contracts are highly competitive right now, and anyone who knows what they are doing can negotiate with the cell phone reps for better rates or discounts on phones. If Alltel has the best reception around here and your Club doesn't have Alltel as a carrier, and you go with Company X, because they offer a discount, but now don't have decent reception, you have not gotten a deal. You have gotten hosed.

I don't disagree with you yet SJ. Yes, I would say that it is very similar to that type of club.

Also, there's a big difference in not being sued running a very large corporation and being a Realtor.