• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Re: Anyone know Fortune High Tech Marketing?

I remember when a guy I knew made an appointment to talk with me one day, many years ago. I thought he wanted to talk business, with him buying my services, because that is what he indicated. This was a retired man, former military. He came in as scheduled and started to tell me about the great business of selling long distance for telephones. I was polite, and declined, but I wanted to kick him out and slam the door. This is no different. Start pitching your friends and acquaintances about switching service providers and you will not have any friends.

IMO it's sketchy and you are making yourself seem sketchy on a board of potential clients!

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

I don't really understand why you would say that. You see something and say run because you don't understand it. I see something that peaks my interest so I investigate further. Two different mentalities I guess. That's why this thread was started to see if anyone had information on it. It might be a scam I will let you know what I think tonight.

Blair

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Memphis

That scheme ran through Memphis about 5 years ago.....They do everyhing possible to avoid it looking like a pyramid but when you cut through the sh!t, it is nothing but a pyramid. Get in on the ground floor and you can make some quick cash but will likely lose friends over it. See if there is a guy named Mark Younger that's in it....That's who pitched it to me....

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

I believe most MLMs that get very far are legal. That doesn't mean you should sign up. The ones I have seen are based on hype and duping people to some degree. The worst are ultimately based on preying upon the greed of family, friends, and the people in your community. This greed is often cloaked in talk of achieving hopes and dreams, in the form of cars, jewelry, homes, and stupendous vacations.

The bottom line is this - if you are able to be successful at MLM then you are the type of person who would be successfual at many different sales jobs. Successful sales of any product takes extreme hard work and perserverence. If you are suited for sales, pick a product and a company you feel reall good about.

I am interested in hearing how the meeting goes. After hyping the actual service and/or product, there is usually talk about getting in on the ground floor, and bragging about how many people so and so has under them, and the size of checks received.

Remember the general rule that 80% of sales are achieved by 20% of salespeople. I'd bet that in the case of MLMs those numbers are optimistic.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

Excellent post Kurt. That's what I've heard from most people who have done it before. I know a couple people who have been very successful in different types of MLMs. They all say that it's just like any other sales job. You must be willing to put in the hard work and believe in what you're selling. That's what draws me to Real Estate.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

If you really want to check out the company, run it through ClarkHoward.com. If it is not already on there, shoot Clark an email for the scoop.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

Josh...you can join whatever sect you want--but I guarantee, if one of these MLM pyramid scams/schemes get their hooks into you, it won't be long before your friends, family and acquaintances will be ducking for cover when you walk down the street.

AND IN THE END, YOU ONLY END UP WITH WONKS LIKE THIS GUY IN THE VIDEO....(Sounds like these guys are homing in on RE folks since they know they may be getting a bit hungry)

YouTube - fortune hi tech marketing

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Josh,

I used to work for Nextel, what this does is make you an indirect dealer for these providers. What it boils down to is that they have already produced the requirements to be an indirect dealer and then pass a small commission on to you. If your really interested in this please contact Sprint and ask them for an app. If I remember correctly you'll need the following:

A fax machine
A computer
A high speed internet connection
The ability to sell a product

They generally require a deposit of some sort to keep you honest and then you receive a commission on a monthly basis. Keep in mind if you are dishonest or don't follow thru with customers they will suck you dry on charge backs.

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach

I haven't heard of the company, but I think you'd need quite a few more product lines for many people to be bringing in 50k/month.

I had been involved with an MLM for about a decade. This business is partnered with huge amount of major retail/service companies, so other than fresh produce you're buying everything else (including real estate) through your own business. It was a wonderful time, I made money, spent money, built some great friendships, worked my tail off, dreamed big, and learned an awful lot. I'd still be slaving away in a warehouse somewhere if it wasn't for that business and the wonderful people encouraging me to do something with my talents and skills.

The sad part about a lot of business ventures is that the same wonderful people you learn and get encouragement from can cause the whole thing to crumble by getting greedy and trying to cheat the system. You can't get rich quick. You may be able to make some quick gains here and there. I more than tripled my income by quitting my job, but it sure didn't make me rich. Building a strong profitable business takes time, money and a whole lot of sweat and endurance. I had a good size, growing business that fell apart when we lost trust in the folks "upline" from us. It was like breaking my leg half way through a marathon. I gave up, crawled out of the way, and then took all I learned and put it into something else.

With an MLM you definitely need to sell your products, but to really have a strong profitable business you need to first help a handful of other people "under you" build their businesses. It can't be just about the money. You've got to care enough about pouring everything you've got into some other peoples lives.

Just thought I'd throw out my 2 cents.