• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Thanks a lot Morris and Miami. If you would have gotten a TD on the prior drive that would have put you ahead by 5 instead of 2 you might have won the game. And then you have to try and come back again and throw a pick for a Maryland TD, crap! Now I have to settle for a 9-6 finish on the pick'em.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Thoughts after week one:

SEC West:

Alabama: Solid Defense, still questions on the O side...
Auburn: Lucky period. Soon to run out...
Arkansas: Tune up scrimmage. QB solid, Defense much improved...counting the days to Bama..
LSU: Enjoyed Oregon Turducken....looking very good at all positions. Les is one with the grass.
Miss St: The scary one in the bunch. They could be very strong and create a lot of headaches with upper West.
Ole Miss: You've been nutted (again) Recruiting the cheerleaders for a RB

SEC East:

Florida: Scrimmage game. Few mistakes, too early to have an opinion. The fans were well organized with the chomp.
Georgia: Ugggah. Look like a re-run of last year except the neon uniforms. Probably would play better under blacklight conditions.
Kentucky: When does basketball season start?
Tenn: Seems balanced, but played a team full of ranchers that love Brokeback Mtn....
S.Carolina: Better figure out your QB situation or you may not meet this year's hype.
Vandy: Looking forward to playing UK

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Thoughts after week one:

SEC West:

Alabama: Solid Defense, still questions on the O side...
Auburn: Lucky period. Soon to run out...
Arkansas: Tune up scrimmage. QB solid, Defense much improved...counting the days to Bama..
LSU: Enjoyed Oregon Turducken....looking very good at all positions. Les is one with the grass.
Miss St: The scary one in the bunch. They could be very strong and create a lot of headaches with upper West.
Ole Miss: You've been nutted (again) Recruiting the cheerleaders for a RB

SEC East:

Florida: Scrimmage game. Few mistakes, too early to have an opinion. The fans were well organized with the chomp.
Georgia: Ugggah. Look like a re-run of last year except the neon uniforms. Probably would play better under blacklight conditions.
Kentucky: When does basketball season start?
Tenn: Seems balanced, but played a team full of ranchers that love Brokeback Mtn....
S.Carolina: Better figure out your QB situation or you may not meet this year's hype.
Vandy: Looking forward to playing UK

I'm thinking Auburn is better than they showed. Utah State is not awful and they threw everything they had at the Aubs and it still was not enough. I watched the whole game and the guy doing color kept wondering when Auburn would start passing, and once they did, there was little Utah State could do to stop them. I think Auburn really wanted to see what they had and figured they better get their act together at some point in the fourth. I bacame a fan of US's QB-True freshman, first start ever on the road at Auburn, and he looked better than any QB LSU has suited up since 2007.

The biggest losers were the Auburn fans bailing with three and a half minutes left in the game...for goodness sake, they had raised their National Championship flag a few hours earlier!

And true story, I was at a party watching the LSU-Oregon game without the sound. A highlight of the UGA-Boise game comes on, and I'm saying "who the heck is that?". "Arena ball?" came a guess from the crowd, then we saw it was the Georgia Dome, but honestly, we saw the whole highlight and had NO idea which team was which. But then when you thought you have seen the worst uniform ever, Maryland took to the field last night!!! Egads! I'm dreading LSU sporting their special Nike unis later this year...it could be a disaster.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
You could have also posted # 701>>>>

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
"Florida's field noise won't be a problem. I'm a better quarterback on the road, I love the opposing fans. It motivates me and gets me going even more. Me, Da'Rick, Justin, and our offense can't wait to see all of the doubters and haters down there and all week."

[video]http://youtu.be/Mor3ZBsKINI[/video]

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I told ya the Aubbies were not as bad as advertised. That said, I couldn't figure out why so many people were jumping on the Starkville Express bandwagon before the season began. We're about to find out alot about Tennessee and Florida this week. And LSU who I feel could comfortably beat MSU without throwing a single pass (they will pass, of course, but MSU run defense is terrible) will continue to roll. Georgia is ready for the proverbial fork stickin'. Bring on week three!