• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
They are not restricting access, they are offering a lower usage fee to those on the Elite program. In fact for legal purposes they are probably charging everybody the same fee and "subsidizing" the Elite program participants.

O.K., here's the update I've gotten so far. It is my understanding there was an HOA meeting this past Saturday to discuss this particular subject. It is as has been posted here in previous posts. All homeowners have access to all amenities. All guests of homeowners have access to all amenities, if the homeowner is present for the activity. All renters renting through WCVR have access to all amenities. If you are renting a home that is not in the WCVR program, you will NOT have access to specific amenities that are offered. More specifically, the boat house kayaks, canoes, fishing, electric boat rides, etc., Camp Watercolor, the fitness center, bon fires, DVD rentals, etc.. This is an ongoing debate and is being worked on. St Joe and/or Noble House pay a hefty cost to lease these amenity areas from the homeowners, so they feel it is within their right to do this. It is for the purpose of gaining market share. Hmmmm... I'm curious to see if this technique will actually work. For me, it brings up concerns for future restrictions. It has for now, at least, satisfied my concerns about homeowner usage. It has not satisfied my concerns with regard to putting my home with another agency, or doing VRBO. I can not guarantee my information to be accurate, but I did get it from what I deem to be a reliable source.

Beachduck

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Hope you are correct about the homeowners amenities not being restricted. I understand if Noble House is paying then they could charge outside rental companies but don't penalize those who do not rent their home.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hope you are correct about the homeowners amenities not being restricted. I understand if Noble House is paying then they could charge outside rental companies but don't penalize those who do not rent their home.

The fact that no realtors or rental agents, especially those on site, have not posted tells me that things are not clear to them yet either.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The fact that no realtors or rental agents, especially those on site, have not posted tells me that things are not clear to them yet either.

Ah, but one of the on site realtors has been posting. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
yes, but the on-site Realtors are not with St Joe, and know only as much as the rest of us who are talking to WC rental program directors.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Do either of you have an interest or employment with a rental company outside of WCVR?

The ownership and use of any amenity is in the covenants and bylaws that were given to you at the time of your closing. Unless they are legally amended then it doesn't change.

No, I do not. I own a lot and I am in the process of finalizing my plans and will start moving dirt in November, and will move here full time shortly thereafer. In addition, St. Joe still controls the rentals through their relationship with Noble House which is why they are trying to deny use of certain amenities to those that do not rent through them.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
One of the reasons I understand for this, the gentle persuading of owners to use the onsite rental company, is consistency. Unfortunately most renters don't remember the fly-by-night rental company that they got the "great deal" on, only to arrive to a dirty, unkempt, lacking rental home that no one could be reached to remedy the situation, they do however remember that they stayed in something called WaterColor. In the long run it actually benefits an owner, but folks are strapped for cash and the dollar is more important at times.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As I understand it, there are many happy owners on WaterColor's Rental Program. WC Rental Program is now offering the same mgt for less money than they used to, and they are even giving a bare-bones minimum for less priviledges, more in line with what discount mgt companies would offer, yet WC has a 24 hour check-in with staff on duty 24-7. That in itself is a huge plus.