• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
FTLOG! Why don't we cease and desist with this thread. Is anyone 100% COMPLETELY HAPPY with ANY of their local managment companies, Sunburst, Beach Rentals, 30A Resorts, 360 Blue, etc., etc...??? How did this thread become a way to bash and single out ONE local rental company.

I think this thread has become an unfair travesty with other disguised (or not so disguised) competitors chiming in for the sole purpose of bashing Watercolor and St. Joe --enough already!

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We took a walk around the pool area and restaurant areas at WC when we were there at Xmas time.
Not many people were there so they were glad to show us around.
One employee, advised us that we might want to use another rental route, such as VRBO, to save some money.
Ellen

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
FTLOG! Why don't we cease and desist with this thread. Is anyone 100% COMPLETELY HAPPY with ANY of their local managment companies, Sunburst, Beach Rentals, 30A Resorts, 360 Blue, etc., etc...??? How did this thread become a way to bash and single out ONE local rental company.

I think this thread has become an unfair travesty with other disguised (or not so disguised) competitors chiming in for the sole purpose of bashing Watercolor and St. Joe --enough already!

Seems to me this thread is about the title, clarification, not bashing.

Beachduck

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
I love Watercolor, that's why we have a house there. Just wanted clarification on some amenities. This is the only issue I have ever had and this really seems not to be an issue now. Great developement in my opinion, just wanted clarification that owners do not have to start paying for amenities that were previously free. No bashing here.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Are there any happy owners on St. Joe's program?

Jason Sprenkle
360 Blue

Seems to me this thread is about the title, clarification, not bashing.

Repectfully Kurt, while the thread was about "clarification of ammenities", there were a few comments that caused me to wonder if it had not "strayed" from its original intent--as threads sometimes do.

You can fairly talk about clarification of the ammenities at WC, but a competeing rental company implying general, negative feelings about WC's overall program is unfair, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Repectfully Kurt, while the thread was about "clarification of ammenities", there were a few comments that caused me to wonder if it had not "strayed" from its original intent--as threads sometimes do.

You can fairly talk about clarification of the ammenities at WC, but a competeing rental company implying general, negative feelings about WC's overall program is unfair, in my opinion.

Hardly bashing. Also no reason to freak, in my opinion.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
From what I hear, most everyone already on WC rental program, remained on the program. Having the option of less privileges at a lower cost will be a plus for those owners looking to save money on mgt, while helping maintain the value of their homes, by having 24-7 check-in and staff available for the potential headaches.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
From what I hear, most everyone already on WC rental program, remained on the program. Having the option of less privileges at a lower cost will be a plus for those owners looking to save money on mgt, while helping maintain the value of their homes, by having 24-7 check-in and staff available for the potential headaches.

Just to clarify... as I am the one who started this thread. I really just needed clarification on what appear to be changes to the rental standards I have used and enjoyed in the past. The answers I had been getting were not entirely clear and so I put the question out there for some better information. I was also concerned that as a potential homebuyer in WC, maybe I wasn't going to be getting everything I thought. I find this website a wonderful tool for vetting, which is what this thread was intended for. I am a true blue Watercolor lover as well as all of 30-A. My concerns were less with quality of a particular management service than to what my dollar was buying as a renter and a potential homeowner. That being said, we live a capitalistic society... and competition comes with the territory. It's how we all make money, and it's how we continue to have exceptional quality of life in the U.S. If we're getting ripped off, we can, thankfully, express our concerns about it. Likewise, if a quality of service can be offered.... well it's all fair game.

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
This may have been stated already but don't want to go back and reread. The adult pool and hot tub at the Inn was previously open to everyone over 21. Now it is open only to guests of the hotel and those staying through WC in rentals. Also, Sat. nite bonfire and boats. Wrist bands are issued at check-in for access to these amenities. Homeowners are not included.