• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Please if those of you who are PLEASED with your Property Insurance Company would post that info I would be very grateful! I am in the process of getting the quotes for our soon to be completed Seagrove house and recall seeing some favorable comments awhile back from some of you with recommendations, but can't seem to find it now. YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS will be very appreciated!! THANK YOU!

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I personally have liked dealing with Coastal Insurance in Seagrove. Our contact person is Marcia. That doesn't mean she didn't get us Citizens for wind coverage. It was all that was available to us. Good luck finding an alternative. Donna's insurance agent (he's in Destin and I can't remember his name) pretty much told us the same thing.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Kite Insurance out of Pensacola was recommended by someone on this board. After hearing numerous stories from many people, I cannot give you any recommendations. Google Kite Insurance Pensacola, and you will probably find the number.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
Kite Insurance's numbers are 1-888-636-9772 or 850-434-8123. Ask for Chantelle Dupuis or Kelly Ballard. They got us our insurance and have been wonderful.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
One question that comes to mind with smaller unknown insurance companies is their ability to pay if they get hit hard with claims. Does anyone have any idea of the right questions to ask to find out the answers? I would hate to hear a response when I filed a claim after a storm, "they went bankrupt." If the big companies are pulling out from fear of great losses, enough to put them out of business, what makes smaller companies think that they can handle it?

Just a few questions, nothing negative against Kite Insurance or other small insurance companies.

Any ideas?

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
We were with a big insurance company the first time and they went bankrupt then we had to pay for another policy and wait for the state to release what was owed to us. So it can happen to any insurance company.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wastin Away said:
We were with a big insurance company the first time and they went bankrupt then we had to pay for another policy and wait for the state to release what was owed to us. So it can happen to any insurance company.
I hear you. By no means am I saying that a large company is not vulnerable. My question, Is there a way to know if an insurance company is able to pay its future claims?

If your home (excluding property) appraises to $500K or above, try Lexington through Southern Coastal in Destin. They cover wind damage so you don't have to deal with Citizens. I've been told that if the unthinkable happened, it could take many months for a Citizens adjustor to inspect your property because they insure so many properties.

I can relate to this. We had a hail storm in GA in December. The first available appointment for repairing my daughter's car is next week. We are still in line for getting the roof on our house repaired. And this is a really small town, so I can't imagine how long it'd take to get an adjustor with as many homes as there are in the Panhandle.

The bad news is that the insurance premiums have increased so much that I could be driving a new S-Class with that amount of money.:pissed:

Oh, yeah, and our insurance gets cancelled every November, so we have to deal with this every year. Double :pissed: :pissed: .

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Beach Runner said:
I've been told that if the unthinkable happened, it could take many months for a Citizens adjustor to inspect your property because they insure so many properties.

I can relate to this. We had a hail storm in GA in December. The first available appointment for repairing my daughter's car is next week. We are still in line for getting the roof on our house repaired. And this is a really small town, so I can't imagine how long it'd take to get an adjustor with as many homes as there are in the Panhandle.

Four months; dozens of phone calls. btdt. :bang:

TooFarTampa said:
Four months; dozens of phone calls. btdt. :bang:
I can relate. I literally spent the month of January dealing with one insurance company for hail damage, finding an insurance company to replace our cancelled insurance at the beach, and trying to get health insurance for our daughter. She went on an antidepressant trying to deal with my husband's surgery and her unhappiness being so far from home, and because of being on antidepressants, we still haven't been able to get her a health insurance policy even though she went off the meds last April.

The co-owner of the dam of our puppy lives in south Florida. It took a year for her to get her roof repaired. She was totally flipped out about it and told me all of the horror stories.