• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
No better place for Mike Adkinson to be, than in office for four more years!

I'm very happy he'll remain right where he is.

Of course you're happy....if you couldn't bash the Sheriff for the next 4 years you wouldn't have anything to post about.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Stand by your man!

13502007_1294113210618554_8717148384874650393_n.jpg

Here in lies two problems with this picture.

1. The reason we have Sunshine laws is to discourage commissioners and other elected officials from being "Too Close" that they can influence each others opinion. This thumbs its nose at the law and cecilia was on the board when the sunshine law violations occurred. They are building alliances before the election has even hit the primaries. Now consider this, on one thread it was stated that cecilia's son should be left out of politics. I kinda agree, but leave his name out only and nowhere could I find his name personally used. What is relevant is both Cecilia and Tony's kids make their living as beach vendors. Neither of them pay for the use of running their businesses on public property. Only in Walton county can some people make their living off public property and get away with it. If you go on federal public property or state and find vendors, they will all be paying to use the public's land and the rules are extremely strict. If Tony is elected now he and cecilia only need to influence 1 commissioner and you have lost control of the beach for 4 more years. I think I'd like some public land identified that I can make money on....... Note to voters- government isn't supposed to be a "family", it's supposed to be fair and impartial and do what's in the best interest of all the people, not a select few.

2. Tony is not a property owner and simply rents in district 5. He pays no property tax. He has simply been transplanted into the district as cecilia was to accomplish political agendas of certain developers and attorneys who make their living that way. His largest single supporter is a dead mans estate and businesses who liked to control politics and continues to do so from the grave. The final straw is Jerry Jones telling everybody to vote for Cindy Meadows because Tony is a pack of lies. I know Jerry has been told all the dirt on Tony and if it's bad enough his own supporters would file to run against him and then he suddenly not qualify, then it is bad I can promise you. I guarantee a deal was struck at the last minute for Jerry not to qualify and now a favor is owed and I'm having no part of that kind of local government. Its a shame the average citizen doesn't realize that Washington DC shenanigans are occurring at a smaller level right under our nose.....it's called losing America and that makes me sad.

"Unfortunately, All men are not created equal anymore, much of it depends on their last name and how fat their bank account is."

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
@Patriot Games wrote:
1. The reason we have Sunshine laws is to discourage commissioners and other elected officials from being "Too Close" that they can influence each others opinion. This thumbs its nose at the law and cecilia was on the board when the sunshine law violations occurred. They are building alliances before the election has even hit the primaries. Now consider this, on one thread it was stated that cecilia's son should be left out of politics. I kinda agree, but leave his name out only and nowhere could I find his name personally used. What is relevant is both Cecilia and Tony's kids make their living as beach vendors. Neither of them pay for the use of running their businesses on public property.

I totally agree with the first 3 sentences in this statement! Hands down, it is the best post I've ever seen on this forum!! The relationship is inappropriate and Cecilia Jones own husband has publicly stated even he has issues with this alliance. Trust me, if Jerry Jones has issues about what his wife is doing and whether or not it is appropriate it is HUGE given his track record in this County of defending his and her actions for all the other egregious activities they have committed against citizens and even County employees. The Grand Jury investigation showed anyone with any common sense that Ms. Jones (and yes, even her husband and his political allies) will stop at nothing to get what they want.

I've stated here more times than even I care to go back and look up, that I have issues that Cecilia Jones son is a vendor and the push is on to protect vendors by a member of the BCC. I never mentioned him by name simply because I don't know the guy but probably would have otherwise because I think the public should be hitting the vendors hard to hold onto public land that rightfully belongs to the people and not just those who profit off it. I don't think citizens or tourist should rent from those who set up miles of empty chairs ALL DAY long for the entire beach season and deserve to be publicly shamed for the problems they have helped create in this County. If you are performing a public service that is creating a public nuisance/problem for everyone except yourself (even through private enterprise) on PUBLIC beaches you deserve to be publicly shamed!! Fact is, this issue would not even exist if it were not for the signs, ropes, chains, fencing and VENDORS.

What I didn't know until you posted Patriot Games, is that Tony Anderson's children also make a living as beach vendor(s). That's a fine how-do-ya-do and NOW I realize why Cecilia Jones is aligning herself with a would be County Commissioner. I did however voice my opposition to him being elected based solely on his position of "public access" and wording it in such a way that he appears to support "customary use". They are 2 different issues entirely. In specifically addressing "customary use" when Mr. Anderson has been asked the tough questions he pays "lip service" to the issue while dancing around it completely without ever answering the question. Yes, I do believe Cecilia Jones or someone who helped guide her to a Commission seat with politically correct speech (telling you what you wanna hear) is behind his actions and his words. I don't think he is clever enough to be that politically correct and one certainly doesn't become a politician overnight after delivering mail for 30 years.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
NO commercial activity on the beach. 100% enforcement. Stiff penalties. Zero tolerance.

Now, show me a candidate with that platform and I will support him/her.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
This email from Cindy Meadows just dropped in my inbox. Literally seconds ago:

It takes three votes. Get three candidates to agree and you've got it.

Sent from my iPhone

Cindy Meadows
Walton County Commissioner
District 5
850-231-2978 office

All email addresses are subject to public records per Florida Statutes. Please contact office by phone if you do not wish your email address to be subject to public records request.

On Jun 25, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Larsatthebeach wrote:

NO commercial activity on the beach. 100% enforcement. Stiff penalties. Zero tolerance.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

I agree with you in theory but I don't think that will ever fly. Number 1 reason...Cecilia Jones and her political cronies. I do think however that tough rules and regulations (no set-ups without customers) would limit the number of set ups on the beach to way less than half of what you currently see when you go to the beach. I also think a 30 foot set back from the water line is fair and equitable. It gives visitors and locals with children access without prohibiting "free enterprise". I would also like to find out if it's possible for the County to charge vendors a fee which could be used to offset/pay for enforcement of beach ordinances? State parks charge vendors and they also issues heavy fines for violators.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
April Wise Coble was put in the race by tony's supporters to ensure the democrats were excluded from the election primaries because Meadows typically pulls the majority of their votes. If Anderson wins the primaries coble will withdraw, if he loses the anti meadows movement gets another shot at her. Coble hates meadows from the TDC and she did it out of pure spite. Walton county developers and politics, if there is money to be made politics will be dirty. Nobody just wants to follow the rules.