Quit claim of beach front land

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Beach days, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Shannon Lince

Shannon Lince Beach Lover

Well that sucks. I know when I bought my property I had to stay right on the title company as they were missing things. I know one neighborhood Seabreeze took Ramsgate to court and won back their access. So yes, I got ya now. I'm sure you are right and it's very ridiculous. But unfortunately, it was up to the deeded access owners to defend their interest and not let someone get away with pulling this kind of crap. Seems like a lot of messy stuff with property has gone on in Walton county. I could go through my neigborhoods battles but your point is well taken.

2. Shannon Lince

Okay - but it's a quiet title claim between two private parties and nothing to do with the county. What does this have to do with private owners taking PUBLIC property?

3. Beach days

Beach days Beach Lover

This will be the next one they try to take

Attached Files:

4. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

It IS ridiculous.. but when you have out of state owners where the property has been in the family for generations and they never see the "public notice" signs on the road, plus you have some unscrupulous BFOs that will "unintentionally" not notify ALL 25 property owners because they might just object to it.....and that judge just sees what is put in front of him, drawn up by the BFOs lawyers, then you have Walton county BCCs signing off on the deal...You end up with a bunch of grandkids that inherited some land in Florida with beach access (supposedly) coming down to find their properties access doesnt belong to them anymore. And I promise that there is more of it than we will ever know because the county isnt going to admit they allowed it.

5. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

Yep... because the Montigo one has never had a walkover. They will say it has been abandoned even tho there is CLEARLY a trail showing it is still in use.

6. Shannon Lince

I hear you, but I'm confused? How would the BCC sign off on any quiet title claim? It's ruled by a judge.

People fight generational wars over property borders and rights so nothing should surprise anyone.

7. Shannon Lince

Does the county own this or have a public access easement?

8. Beach days

Beach days Beach Lover

It is owned by gulf shore manor sub. The county parking at Santa Clara is really gulf shore manor beach. The San Juan road is private . And they own the Dothan, pelayo and Santa Clara access.

9. Shannon Lince

So who is your beef with here? It sounds to me to be Gulf Shore Manor Subdivision. I'm not following at all that this is PUBLIC property that someone is taking with quiet title.

10. FloridaBeachBum

FloridaBeachBum Beach Fanatic

SL makes a great point, quiet title actions clarify or will quiet the title of property between recent private owners or on private properties where the public thought are acted as IF the property was public property. Unless you believe all Florida beachfront properties are publicly titled property or owned by the public, and the reportedly 60% of Florida beachfront private property, are fraudulent titled; the public has NO property rights to private property to “quiet” and all the bundle of rights that go with the private property owner’s title. Regardless of who has title; public customary use of private property “... does not create any interest in the land [or to the title] itself.”

If the ANY Walton quiet title was fraudulent or in error don’t you think the commissioners would be all over that!? So show all Florida beachfront property is public property fraudulently titled to private owners through quiet title with evidence OR stop the fake facts, and my sand is your sand, emotional outcries.

Don't even go into the quick claim deeds conspiracy please.

11. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

12. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

What land does your title insurance policy insure?

13. Emerald Drifter

Emerald Drifter Beach Fanatic

You can bet those "get outta my yard" geezers will.

I just started a thread called "Beach Access Watch". Would you post this on that thread?

I see this as a thread where we can catalog, take present photos, post old photos, of ALL of Walton County beach access points.

14. Shannon Lince

Why would a title insurance policy insure land? Don't understand the question.

15. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

Let me rephrase: Just wondering if the Land in your title policy includes anything more than your discrete lot.

16. Shannon Lince

It includes the entire legal description of the deed if that's what you are asking. What's your point?