• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
No emotional table pounding whatsoever. I want this to get to court tomorrow. Don't you?

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
ShollowNoles, care to share your real name so your Walton experience, years of County service, and knowledge can be fact checked? Your factual posts do not convey you know the facts. And it's the Coastal Construction Control Line (CCCL). Not CCL. And the title legal description does matter - not what you think or the spirit of the beach. That's the facts.
People on this forum know who she is. She's been on here at least ten years.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Shannon,

6000 (and counting) CU affadavit signers is "the few very vocal"? Nice try in trying to frame CU advocates as a minority. They are not, in fact, the minority.
Emerald Drifter: It's approaching 8,000. Get your facts right!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
@ShallowsNole is a good friend to many in this community and has always provided helpful information about county issues and operations etc. She's not claiming to be an expert. But she generously shares what she knows.

In forums you don't have to use real names though many of us have changed our forum names to our real names over time. It's a personal choice. Lots of our original members are still called by their original forum names even in real life. All good peeps. Where's River Otter?

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
First of all, there is a CCL line. It's the County's Coastal Control Line, and differs from the state CCCL line. Few people know this, so your ignorance can be overlooked. Shallownoles was born and bred in this County and probably knows more about this county and this County government than anybody around here. Including you. If you were so sure about your legal position why are you out here denigrating everybody. This seems a whole lot like the Trump strategy: When you know the Law isn't on your side, you play the victim, and try to spin this issue in the court of public opinion. Public opinion is against you. Trump's approval rating is about at 35% and you have about 4 posters on this site who share your sentiments. Give it a break.
Have you or @ShallowsNole found proof of the County's control line (CCL) regulations from your previous post? Goes to both your expertise and credibility. But I could be wrong - prove it - don't say it.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I was told about it by a member of the South Walton Community Council and by a surveyor I employed once. I don’t feel right about disclosing their names on this site. You should be able to talk to someone in the Planning Department. They are the ones that implement it.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Been here longer than you I'd guess. No duped or greedy "old" or "new" beachfront owners here. Just informed ones. My private property has always been "private" for many decades; even if I let you use it, it's still private property with all the rights you have. But if you and the commissioners demand to use my property without my consent, you will not be licensed or invited to use it. If the Walton commissioners litigate and beachfront owners Constitutional private property rights are superior to an obscure old English public common law and owners prevail I for one will enforce my private property rights to the fullest extent of the law. So be careful what you pay your tax money for. There is no customary use in Walton county and the one thing I agree with Teresa and Dave Rauschkolb - NO compromise.

I've been here since 1963, rode up and down the ENTIRE beach in a jeep, rode horses on the beach, etc...everyone knew my parents as we owned the small grocery store in Santa Rosa Beach, where you could have a draft beer while shopping for groceries. Were you here then?

If not, I've been here longer.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Have you or @ShallowsNole found proof of the County's control line (CCL) regulations from your previous post? Goes to both your expertise and credibility. But I could be wrong - prove it - don't say it.
No, I was busy mourning my Noles and Customarily Using the beach this weekend. I don't read SoWal on weekends.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
ShollowNoles, care to share your real name so your Walton experience, years of County service, and knowledge can be fact checked? Your factual posts do not convey you know the facts. And it's the Coastal Construction Control Line (CCCL). Not CCL. And the title legal description does matter - not what you think or the spirit of the beach. That's the facts.
Most people know my real name. If you have been here 30 years, you do too.