• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Nice try. Convoluted logic. :nono:

I knew this predictable response was coming. So, let's take this "no property tax" to the thousands of property owners who have deeded beach but do not live on the beach. Are you suggesting that people are paying $400-600 per square foot for a home on a postage stamp sized lot, 2,3,4 blocks away from the beach and that has no impact on property taxes and that deeded beach access has no impact on taxes?

Does the amenity of a property affect property taxes? Sales data says yes, appraisers say yes, because through the higher market value paid the property taxes are higher. So, I've completely removed the dry sand assessment on a parcel from the equation and still proven that property taxes are being paid for beach property.

What else you got?

Shannon
For you to look at

Keep digging - eventually you will get to China.

Common property is not taxed anywhere in Walton county and not in most of Florida counties - BECAUSE the taxes are apportioned to the owners which have the rights to the common property. Common property is never sold/purchased (in the context of a built out subdivision or condo complex). This has nothing specific to do with beach property. Check every HOA in Walton county --- common property not taxed.

Shannon

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
I dont hear any of the BFOs saying anything about that $5 million McMansion they built that sleeps 54 people (so they can get even more rent) being factored in to that tax bill. Guarantee those little one story block houses
dont pay near the tax on the same size lot.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Shannon

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
I was at a walkover in sea grove this weekend and overheard a beach front homeowner arguing with a beach goer. The homeowner stated they paid taxes on beach land and it was theirs. At that time the the beach guy mentioned that was because the homeowner quick claimed the beach for a 100.00 . The property was at the end of San Juan ave. the home owner said that was right. I wonder how much of the beach has been given away for that price? I looked on tax Page and that's what it says also.i also seen where a judge in 1994 stated it was gulf shore manor beach for perpetual use of sunbathing and recreation.from Dothan street to pelayo.

I'm trying to figure out what you are missing Beach Days when you read these chain of title events. No one "quit claimed any deed for $100" in any way you are suggesting.

First National Bank and Trust sued the defendants "Manus and Fitzgerald, et al" (and owners of Gulf Shore Manor) over their perpetual easement to use the property for (bathing and swimming and other recreational uses) belonging to First National Bank and Trust.

The county had already passed as resolution renouncing and disclaiming any public right to the property in a declaration dated March 28, 1978. The easement does NOT apply to the public but to the owners of Gulf Shore Manor. The court judgement clearly states this fact.

Manus and Fitzgerald won. That's the court case "Final Judgement". The $100 is meaningless on your screen.

Then First National Bank and Trust transferred the property to "Cinema Incorporated" in 1997 (probably part of a larger financial package or business deal we don't know about). It was basically a transfer of title for vacant land. Nothing was actually bought for $100.

Then in 2006 Cinema transferred title back to First National Bank and Trust who still owns it today. Again, we have no idea why, nor do we care, must have been a side business deal that is known only to themselves.

No beach was purchased for $100. No beach has been "given away" (taken from the public) in this instance.

Shannon

Last edited:

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
The condescension is getting might thick around here.

You peons don't know jack! :whack:

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
The condescension is getting might thick around here.

You peons don't know jack! :whack:

What's more condescending, going around telling everyone in our community that beach property owners purchased their property for $100 in an "illegal scheme" ... or correcting the fairy tale with the actual facts?

And that's your quote: "You peons don't know jack!" Not mine - don't put words in my mouth, never said it and never even implied it.

What I will do is quote a good movie line "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" Quote me on that.

Shannon

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
Can you show the original Selling price. for the beach lots. Or did someone with a fancy pen and paper ,make up new boundaries. And call there own. Just because you own the lot above the beach should not give you ownership of the beach.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Can you show the original Selling price. for the beach lots. Or did someone with a fancy pen and paper ,make up new boundaries. And call there own. Just because you own the lot above the beach should not give you ownership of the beach.

It's impossible to do anything like you describe in the state of Florida (or anywhere in the United States). Florida is a recording state.

Can I show the selling price for the First National Bank? - perhaps but with something like this it gets into a bit of work because the properties were just transferred between two owners for the minimum transfer fee ($100). I don't know what that would prove.

If you are talking about Dune Allen / Vizcaya --- those records are not on the waltonpa.com --- they would be contained in the official records. I know that Dune Allen sold a number of lots with a mortgage to buyers --- and that info should be there. Let me look...

Okay, Dune-Allen Inc. self-financed just about every lot I'm looking at. This is how they did it. They transfer the deed for $10. --- but then enter a separate mortgage agreement for the lot with the buyer. If you look at for example the record of "satisfaction" of the mortgage for the lot of the "Nobles" --- they paid Dune-Allen Inc. $45,700 for the lot in 1978- but if you look at the DEED transfer it shows $10 because no money changed hands - Dune-Allen inc. financed the sale. You can find the mortgage at book 155 page 49 - which shows the lot being bought for $45,700 and financed by Dune-Allen Inc.

If you want to dig on this - let me know - I'll show you the searches to find these official documents. I'm going to:
Home Page --- go to Public records, official records. Search by name and put "Dune allen" and then start going through the documents. One document may reference a book and page number - you can then do a search by book, page --- and look at that document.

I'm sorry, I just don't see what the contention is or the conspiracy. I don't get it? Who has been telling you all this stuff?

Shannon

Attachments

• noble_vizcaya_mortage_satisifaction.JPG
    noble_vizcaya_mortage_satisifaction.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The Tringas family that owns First National Bank and Trust also at one time owned the old movie theater in downtown Fort Walton and the Palm Theater, that used to be on Eglin Parkway. Therefore, Cinema, Inc.
Can't believe those who know it all didn't know that. I knew it, and I would have only been 15 years old in 1978.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
The Tringas family that owns First National Bank and Trust also at one time owned the old movie theater in downtown Fort Walton and the Palm Theater, that used to be on Eglin Parkway. Therefore, Cinema, Inc.
Can't believe those who know it all didn't know that. I knew it, and I would have only been 15 years old in 1978.

Always best to stick to things you actually know vs. spreading someone else's manure. My daddy taught me that lesson early in life well before 1978.

Shannon

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Always best to stick to things you actually know vs. spreading someone else's manure. My daddy taught me that lesson early in life well before 1978.

Shannon
You apparently have no clue that I used to work for the Clerk of Court, very closely with the Property Appraiser, I have been here all of my life, and I own waterfront property. I'm fairly well-versed in beach ownership.
Again, your "premium" is based on unfettered access to the beach, and the unimpeded sight, sound and smell of the gulf. The original developers of our beachfront communities - who I remember, as most were friends with my parents - often fashioned their deeds to the MHWL because, back then, there was no CCL and the MHWL was used in order to protect those who bought beachfront from anything being built between the edge of the bluff and the Gulf. There was no intent to block the beach for recreational use. People who owned beachfront in years past understood the spirit of the beach, and never dreamed of impeding access and use of any portion of the beach.

Yes, your tax bill is based in part on what you paid for the property. But the sand itself is not an issue, as the sand does nothing that a home facing the Gulf doesn't already do - except make elitists believe the beach is theirs and theirs alone. Your assessment is based on linear width "front feet" of the bluff.

Last edited: