• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Stop with the talking points. There's been a handful of quiet title actions. There are 1,000 of BFO's. Are you really suggesting SEASIDE got their beach property through quiet title? WATERSOUND? WATERCOLOR? ROSEMARY BEACH?

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

No talking points, just a question which obviously hit a nerve with you.

If I was "suggesting" those properties I would have mentioned them. I was referring to The Drawbridge Gang, those BFOs that bought their properties, then ran their quiet title play, then declared it "theirs".

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
No talking points, just a question which obviously hit a nerve with you.

If I was "suggesting" those properties I would have mentioned them. I was referring to The Drawbridge Gang, those BFOs that bought their properties, then ran their quiet title play, then declared it "theirs".

Yes it hits a nerve and it should every property owner in the county. There are a handful of quiet title claims. In the majority of the claims, there is a legal basis for seeking the claim (a developer failed to transfer ownership, etc).

So who is the "Drawbridge gang"? I assume you are talking about those several decades ago. And what is a "quiet title play"? I know what is being alleged, but there's no evidence of it.

Please let's be specific because this myth is being thrown around - but every time I have looked into the claim, it is meritorious (meaning there is a legitimate reason for it). You might disagree with it, but if you aren't a party to the claim then it really isn't your or anyone else's concern by law. If it's not county property or the county doesn't have an easement/ROW then it's not their concern either.

There is no evidence of any BFO buying property and then using quiet title to gain public property. And I know of no judge who has ruled in that way. If you have a case, please share it.

This charge has grown into a myth and folklore. It clouds a thousand or so property owners titles --- the people who propelled this conspiracy theory into the common lingo should be held accountable.

Last edited:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Walton customary use beachfront quiet title conspiracist - time to put up or shut up! Where is your evidence for all or any beachfront quiet title not ruled on by a judge? Why hasn't Walton commissioners litigated against all Walton public beachfront you claim beachfront owners stole with quiet title? Do you really think a private beachfront owner just submit a quiet title claim form or does the beachfront owner have to submit EVIDENCE in court and a JUDGE rules to "quiet" the property title based on the evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
The beach from Dothan to pelayo , is gulf shore manor beach. The judge even made an order of it. Go back and look at how these properties where recorded. They where part of gov. Lots.All the lots for gulf shore manor make up the ownership of the beach front . you will notice these have been claimed slowly. Even with a judgement for perpetual use.

Attachments

• IMG_6614.PNG
    IMG_6614.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6615.PNG
    IMG_6615.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6616.PNG
    IMG_6616.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6617.PNG
    IMG_6617.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6618.PNG
    IMG_6618.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6619.PNG
    IMG_6619.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_6620.PNG
    IMG_6620.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6621.PNG
    IMG_6621.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 93

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
The beach from Dothan to pelayo , is gulf shore manor beach. The judge even made an order of it. Go back and look at how these properties where recorded. They where part of gov. Lots.All the lots for gNaulf shore manor make up the ownership of the beach front . you will notice these have been claimed slowly. Even with a judgement for perpetual use.

Debunked. We have already been through this one with a fine tooth comb. You are mixing up the parties. The case was NOT about a perpetual easement for the PUBLIC --- it was for the owners of Gulf Shores Manor - it's right there in paragraph 1.

The land was owned by First National Bank and Trust. There's no evidence they obtained "public property" the recordings are legal. If you don't think they are --- then state why and be specific. If you think they were purchased for $100 that's already been debunked - the titles were transferred from another private party - NOT the Government.

You do understand that legal descriptions of property state Gov lots as those were the original surveys? Townships, gov lots. This says nothing other than the government originally owned all the Florida and those surveys of townships and lots are still referenced. I'll post one of the original surveys here.

What else about the case are you suggesting is an issue?

T03S_R20W.jpg

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
A LOT of the places north of 30A in Seagrove came with deeded beach access. Pretty sure more than half have been taken by quiet title/quick claim because the owners were probably never notified about it. Wouldnt surprise me if thats the reason the BCC has been kinda silent regarding that. All the lots on San Juan, Montigo etc. are still being sold with deeded access but you would be hard pressed to find the walkover for them.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
A LOT of the places north of 30A in Seagrove came with deeded beach access. Pretty sure more than half have been taken by quiet title/quick claim because the owners were probably never notified about it. Wouldnt surprise me if thats the reason the BCC has been kinda silent regarding that. All the lots on San Juan, Montigo etc. are still being sold with deeded access but you would be hard pressed to find the walkover for them.

So let me understand what you are saying.
1. Many places north of 30A came with deeded beach (interest in a private parcel of beach). You used the word - deeded access - do you mean a private walkover? If so it's semantics - private walkovers dump out to private beach parcel, why would you have a private walkover to a public beach.

2. More than half (you estimate) were removed by the private parcel owner of the access/beach through quiet title.

Mildly interesting but does not prove that any owner "took" PUBLIC property through quiet title. It would be a private matter between two private parties. Not sure why you would think the country would have any interest or right to be party to any such quiet title suit?

If you are suggesting that the deeded access was to public property - that doesn't make any sense. The county does not have any right to join a private property with an interest in public property.

If the owner with deeded access was not notified then they have a claim against the property owner, because all parties with interest are required by law to be notified.

Please correct me as I'm not familiar with the details.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Yea I am saying that there are accesses that legally belong to property owners north of 30A that have been taken over by BFOs. There are even pictures somewhere on this site (I think) of one that Mr. McMansion landscaped and put up palm trees in the middle of it.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
I'll repeat - if all Walton beachfront deeds are improper why wouldn't the Walton commissioners not litigate the "quiet titles" - or maybe conspiracist don't know what you are talking about and should stop! Why don't conspiracist litigate Walton beachfront quiet title themselves - if they prevail they'd be heroes of the community against the evil beachfront owners and save tax payers millions of dollars - or stop with the public quiet title conspiracies, Facebook legal analysis, and fake facts all Walton beachfront is quiet title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
Why would the judgement state the owners of gulf shore manor subdivision. If you notice the owners tried to take ownership and the judge ruled on behalf of the gulf shore manor subdivision. Also the land you are talking about was in that judgement. The property between the back of his house and the dunes belong to gulfshore manor. He has about 5 foot of setback.the he claimed the beach on other side of his property. And it's not just him it's the complete area. There was a road at top of dunes at one point.the developers purchased upland property , then they went to claiming land. That is when the ruling came in. If you go to top of dunes you can see where the line is. The sad thing this area is not the only one. Look at stallworth lake walkovers . You will see not long ago they took ownership of easements also