• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Miss Kitty, is the red tide affecting Molly? I called Pepper's vet today, and he thought that as long as she didn't go to the beach, she'd be okay. I'm not sure that's right. Red tide is airborne, right? Maybe I'll paper the garage so she doesn't have to go outside. She can do her business there, and then I'll disinfect before we leave.

Yet I want her to be seen. She was groomed in Atlanta on Saturday and looked so beautiful that she was invited to be in the Poodle Walk at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta in late October. She really is beautiful. Her brother is among the top ten poodles in the world in AKC ratings, and her sister is in the top twenty. We chose not to "show" her. It just takes too much time (30 minutes per day of grooming plus 4 hours once a week, not to mention driving to the shows because you wouldn't dare put a dog like that in the cargo area of a plane). I'd have to quit my job and lose my health insurance. No way!:eek:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hey BR...Molly has not seemed bothered by anything. I have not had her on the beach since the weekend. We took a long walk all over WC this morning and we were both fine. Mango has been on the beach today and says it is all good.

Molly is a show dog reject. Her parents have funny names and ribbons. Remember, Molly had braces...I am sure the breeder took one look in that mouth and called us as quickly as she could. ;-) :D Molly definitely ended up in the right place with all us imperfect nuts! :wave:

Hey BR...Molly has not seemed bothered by anything. I have not had her on the beach since the weekend. We took a long walk all over WC this morning and we were both fine. Mango has been on the beach today and says it is all good.

Molly is a show dog reject. Her parents have funny names and ribbons. Remember, Molly had braces...I am sure the breeder took one look in that mouth and called us as quickly as she could. ;-) :D Molly definitely ended up in the right place with all us imperfect nuts! :wave:
Okay, that's good to hear regarding red tide and dogs. I'd rather not have to disinfect the garage.;-)

Pepper (Aris Blue Skies Black Pepper) has bite problems in her lineage (for example, the successful Ch. Aleph Blue Skies Outrageous), but they all were champions (not that it makes a sheet of difference in the way I love her). Her brother, Blue Skies Aris Uncloudy Day, is the current star. Pepper had some problems with her baby teeth, as you may remember, but thankfully her adult teeth grew in normally so we didn't have to pay for braces to keep her tooth from poking a hole into her palate.:eek: I know she is beautiful, but I am not interested in showing her. I just :love: her.