• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
In all seriousness I think business owners on both sides of the "divide" should be asking when it will be fixed.

Note that from Grayton at 30A and 283 to Blue Mountain Beach at 30A and 83 is 2 miles. Now add in the detour and you have to drive 6.3 miles. I'm not rushing to Grayton or Seagrove and I have the easier turn on 98.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
If you want to get serious (which I don't) then the county should think seriously about building an actual bridge there, rather than a causeway and culverts, which is what they have now. Bob is probably correct that all the stormwater runoff from Redfish Village is headed right into that little bitty lake.

If the county is considering that, it could take a while to implement it. (Meantime, I want you all to reconsider my joke from above-I think it's great.)

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Maybe redfish village owners( if they are the culprits) should have a bridge assessment ?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Redfish Village has a pretty large buffer of trees, and not much grass so I don't think there would be any fertilizer runoff. The subdivision to the north might have some runoff. Neither should have parking lot or street runoff in to the lake.

Let's all make an effort to visit business nearby.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I'm thinking that having a causeway already in place would make bridge construction easier than if it were just an open body of water. Is that correct? It seems kind of obvious, so I think they need to take the next step.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The drainage basin for that lake is approximately 200 +/- acres. That includes both developments. I think the issue her was the invasive weeds in front of the culvert that blocked it during the rain. The rain ran over and washed out the other side.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Totally agree. Water flows downhill to the oceans of the world. Mother Nature and Sir Isaac Newton were getting a little testy about us messing with their laws.

Blockage? We don't need no stinkin' blockage. Time to just go over the road.

Surprised it took as long as it did...

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
#FlowWal

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm surprised the beaver coalition hasn't stepped up and asked for their recognition in this episode.:blink: