• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Dam beavers, leave it to them.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The water flowing over the road that cause the washout was to the west of the culvert about 25 yards. I've heard that beavers have dammed up Little Redfish Lake before so maybe not the only place.

A resident on site said he had made calls to public works and the Sheriff's office around the time of the July 4th flooding to let them know the water was almost over the road.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
County update:

County officials have met with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency in regard to the damage to Hwy 30A near Big Redfish Lake. Officials from the County and FEMA will visit the location on Monday morning, August 26th to further assess the damage.

At this time, officials are working to speed up the process in regard to obtaining permits and working with environmental agencies in order to speed up the process of repair. There is no date scheduled for the repair or reopening of that section of Hwy 30A.

County officials will continue to assess the damage and formulate a plan of action on the best repair to be made to the location. For the foreseeable future, residents and visitors are reminded to use Highways 83 and 283 for north/south travel and Hwy 98 for east/west travel.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
This is typical bureaucratic crap! In the days before our overblown federal, state, and local agencies, we would have gone and fixed the road in the best manner possible. This nation is now a nightmare of bloated, mostly useless bureacracies.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think we ought to form a bucket brigade and fix it ourselves!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
At least BMB aka CEWAL ice cream shop( which has parking for 5 cars). Business has slowed so NO cars in home owners yards and cars turning around in your drive nightly.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
That's really sad if it would have just taken a nominal effort to get the flow going about a month ago. That should have been top priority. As a rule, any time there is a problem with leakage or blockage, all other work should come to a grinding halt.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This is typical bureaucratic crap! In the days before our overblown federal, state, and local agencies, we would have gone and fixed the road in the best manner possible. This nation is now a nightmare of bloated, mostly useless bureacracies.

Back in my day!

Do you want it fixed or do you just want to be able to drive through again? I'm sure it could be half arsed patched, but guess what happens the next time it rains?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Back in my day!

Do you want it fixed or do you just want to be able to drive through again? I'm sure it could be half arsed patched, but guess what happens the next time it rains?

I agree completely. It sounds like someone dropped the ball on this one in order for this to happen in the first place. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. This is a major safety issue, and in light of the apparent incompetence that got us to this point, I don't trust anyone' ability to make a quick decison to do a quick and dirty job.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Somebody just showed me a severe erosion problem just east of Ed Walline Park. It looked like it could take two more good rains and another portion of 30-A could collapse. Not good.