• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yes, it sounds like we are in agreement. I don't think FEMA is necessary on this. I think DEP would fast track it.(Of course Preble Rich may be too involved in other schemes, so we might want to hire another engineering firm- hahaha.) I think we should go back to making fun of the situation ASAP.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
This is on the county commission agenda for Tuesday morning (9 a.m. meeting, Walton County Courthouse in DeFuniak)

"Repair of County Road 30-A at Big Redfish Lake
Department: Admin
Requested Action: That the Board provide direction for the emergency or long term repair of the
washed out area on 30-A near Big Redfish Lake.
Purpose/Summary Explanation or History: The road washed out from a malfunctioning culvert
during the rain event on August 17 - 18, 2013. We ask theat the Board provide direction on
emergency repairs, or a permanent culvert replacement, or going forward with a bridge to replace the
culvert. If a bridge is the solution, we will need funding of approximately $500,000 for the project."

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I'm curious as to exactly why is there concern over the integrity of the pedestrian bridge. It could be just a standard precautionary measure or it could be something else. To my mind the supports at each end of the bridge should be deep into the ground in the water, at least I think. I'm not an expert at this, but if it turns out there is any problem whatsoever with that bridge, that would be very disturbing. I would think the bridge should be independent of any problems associated with the causeway. If that's not the case, then my confidence dips even further.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I must have missed the concern about the pedestrian bridge. Where did you read that? Also, what happened to the humor on this thread?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
WeWal sounds like an outdoor urinal. Don't get me wrong, it really isn't an outdoor urinal, but that name just needs a little work.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I must have missed the concern about the pedestrian bridge. Where did you read that? Also, what happened to the humor on this thread?

Well, maybe I misspoke. Why did they close the bridge down? I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that they wanted to inspect it to ensure that is was safe for crossing. To me that would qualify as "concern for the integrity". Did they close it simply because they don't want people anywhere near the hole on bike or foot, or do they want to verify that the bridge is safe?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I actually have one job going on at Redfish Village and another on Little Redfish Lake. Before the flood, I could have gone from one to the other in maybe four minutes. But, now that we be HoleWal, I drive in big circles.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Well, maybe I misspoke. Why did they close the bridge down? I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that they wanted to inspect it to ensure that is was safe for crossing. To me that would qualify as "concern for the integrity". Did they close it simply because they don't want people anywhere near the hole on bike or foot, or do they want to verify that the bridge is safe?

OK. You're making sense now. (or as much as you ever did...)