• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seeringsong

Beach Crab
Mar 29, 2008
dear friends

They may have taken the building from us, but they can,t take our Spirit and our mission to spread the Word that Jesus is our Lord and Savior.
Please join us at Cross Point Church this Sunday at 11:00 A:M as we as a church body will continue our ministry through Jeff's message our worship music and the love of Christ.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
So does this mean that there will no longer be regular Sunday services at the chapel? Does anyone know what a building has to be used for, to qualify as exempt?

Should we be concerned about the charter school?

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I respect your position. No place is perfect. Each has its faults. Those who don't see any good in a place are just as bad as those who seek to be exclusionary IMO.

The Truman show was shot in Seaside because it looks idyllic, a set if you wish, but it is not a set. I can understand if Seaside is not your kind of place. I have seen some things happen in Seaside that make the movie ironic, rather than representative, involving real life and real people.

Wouldn't it be fun to write and direct a bizarre independent film in Seaside, or a documentary titled "The True Man Show"? :lol:

It's a shame you couldn't experience a magic night a couple of weeks ago on the real bricks underneath the real oaks, with real people, real music, a real moon, and a real sweetness in the air.

090420-seaside-001.jpg
What a great idea for a documentary. The natural tensions between the New Town and the Old Ways are just facinating. And Seaside certainly has had its share of characters. Fact is more interesting than fiction anytime! Maybe it could be a senior project for an FSU film student.

Last edited:

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
The Seaside Chapel is NOT closed. I received an email this week which I post below:

"We have made a change in our management of the Chapel and have begun a summer series of visiting pastors....we will make those announcement as those are arranged and post them on our web site, Seaside Chapel, Seaside Florida, and the Chapel bulletin board as well.

There have been unfounded rumors from unknown sources that the Chapel has closed and when and if it opens that it will only serve Seaside homeowners, that is not the truth.

We are excited about the services we will be able to offer and the Seaside homeowners, their guests and ALL who choose to worship with us are welcome to have a "Meaningful Encounter with our Heavenly Father, sing a few songs and go to the beach"

Anything other than that is a fabrication of the truth and the source should be considered.

Sincerely:

Charlie Renfroe
Chairman of the Seaside Chapel Board of Trustees"

Most of us want Seaside to be open and inclusive. We like it because it is NOT gated. People, not buildings, make a community great. Guests and visitors are always welcome. Unfortunately, there is a very small minority that seem to get upset about everything and cause the negative perceptions. And to hear the negative perceptions is very sad. To share is more rewarding than to be selfish.

PTYAYA

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2009
Seaside Chapel

I have never read or heard that Seaside Chapel was going to close. But, I did read from this site that it was to be used by Seaside residents and their guests. Something happened to cause the current congregation at the Seaside Chapel to leave. Maybe Mr. Renfro will enlightens us with the facts. If there were "minutes of the meeting" it would be good if they were published in order for all of us to understand why this action was taken.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I have never read or heard that Seaside Chapel was going to close. But, I did read from this site that it was to be used by Seaside residents and their guests. Something happened to cause the current congregation at the Seaside Chapel to leave. Maybe Mr. Renfro will enlightens us with the facts. If there were "minutes of the meeting" it would be good if they were published in order for all of us to understand why this action was taken.
I think you already have been enlightened. Read the above post again. :wave:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think you already have been enlightened. Read the above post again. :wave:

Sorry, but I don't consider "we made a change in management" a particularly valid explanation when you are talking about a minister and his/her congregation.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Sounds to me like Seaside wanted their chapel services a little less religion-y. You know, so the visitors could say "we went to that daaarling little church they have there" without having to actually sit through a preaching.

And then they can whip up a batch of margaritas and hit the beach.

It was good of Seaside to wait until this congregation had the building paid off, though.

PTYAYA

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2009
Seaside Chapel

Sorry, but I don't consider "we made a change in management" a particularly valid explanation when you are talking about a minister and his/her congregation.

I did reread Mr. Renfroe's letter. It does not explain the questions about why the congregation, that was worshiping at Seaside Chapel, left. I would like to see the official minutes of the board to see what prompted Jeff Miller and the congregation to leave. Does Mr. Renfroe live in Seaside? I'm just curious as to why something this major happened. Thanks.