• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Ok folks, I am now Mad as H@%$ and I ain't gonna take it no more! I say we all go to Publix and get our 100 Bag Lipton Tea and meet at the Bowl in Seaside and toss our Lipton Tea and have a Seaside Tea Party! Come on SJ this is right up your Access path LOL!:rotfl:

Seasides Future skyline!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
People using things incorrectly is always an issue and there are always those oh-so-classy and polite folks who ruin it for everyone else. Big difference between addressing chronic problems and the mine, mine, mine mentality we keep hearing more and more of - and not just in Seaside.

I have no problem with security running off non-seaside guests people who claim a private beachside pavillion as their wedding reception location or adding to the HOA coffers by towing any inappropriately parked cars. Based on my personal observations, towing the cars parked in the delivery zone by Bud and Alley's and the 5 minute parking in front of the post office would reap $$$.

I've also never had any problems with Seaside's roads despite the signs that were recently removed, (helps that my vehicle isn't an overside SUV w/ a fully loaded rear rack) and on the occasions I've needed to have a semi or large vehicle use the road, I've just popped the sign out.

However, I have definitely seen an attitude shift in Seaside. I don't know if it is the new management company or a couple rotten apples, but it has definitely changed. There are still a lot of wonderful people and businesses there, but the mood is changing, and not for the better.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
However, I have definitely seen an attitude shift in Seaside. I don't know if it is the new management company or a couple rotten apples, but it has definitely changed. There are still a lot of wonderful people and businesses there, but the mood is changing, and not for the better.

I thought this was discussed previously, but I swear, people are becoming either more self-absorbed, or just plain rude. My father lives in a gated community in Sarasota and has said that it is getting worse there with people and the rules and the nitpicking.

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
Scooterbug44, you bring up a good point on changes at the management company which I definitely feel has not helped the situation. We do not use them for our rentals because there was clearly the feeling that they were in it for profit only and could care about little else. Kinda takes away that sense of community when going for the last buck is highest priority.

As a more general observation, having property values go up as much as they have has obviously narrowed the market as to the types of people that can afford homes along 30-A. I have always felt that getting that high a percentage of type A personalities in one area can't be a good thing. In Seaside I think it could be even worse.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
It is sad but true, our world is becoming a "me" society. It is all about one's self, numero uno. Screw everyone else, people are looking out for themselves only.
I hate to see this happen, but I don't believe that Seaside is the only area affected by this. Just my 2 cents!
I feel sorry for the people who have businesses there, they are the ones that are working hard and will be the ones hardest hit if people do not feel welcomed in the area. :sosad:

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
My wife and I visited the Seaside shops yesterday, We even went to Fired Up...Talk about that in a sec... But what we saw after reading all these post on this thread was a very warm and friendly community mixed with residents, guest, and even tourist with the local businesses open with lots of activity. I Love Seaside, I think the folks that are having issues most likely have had the "BAD" experience and have a nasty taste in their mouth. I much can't blame some for feeling the need to protect the place they as well Love and invested in. I say that a thread like this when read by "Outsiders" who are thinking about coming to our area, would probably think Seaside equals prudes and mean signage. Keep in mind in order for "Tourist to get to Seaside they must travel through other communities as well, so its not just a "Seaside Issue" it is a community issue. Just a little food for thought.

Now our Fired Up visit, These folks have it going! The wife and I will return and enjoy what they have to offer. The young lady was very nice and very informative! It was a wonderful experience! Hope others that read this at least stop by and see the beautiful things that they have to offer! and pricing is not that bad! Great job Fired Up! and staff!

Thank you Seaside.. Your beautiful and lovely!:love:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
It is sad but true, our world is becoming a "me" society. It is all about one's self, numero uno. Screw everyone else, people are looking out for themselves only.
I hate to see this happen, but I don't believe that Seaside is the only area affected by this. Just my 2 cents!
I feel sorry for the people who have businesses there, they are the ones that are working hard and will be the ones hardest hit if people do not feel welcomed in the area. :sosad:

It is definitely not limited to any one specific area. If you travel anywhere you will see it. Just recently there was a major brawl at Disney between Pop Warner athletes and the parents.:eek: It got so bad Disney asked them to leave the resort property. I mean good grief when kids and their parents start a brawl and have to be removed, it is very sad.

But then in my opionion, our nation's leaders are all about themselves, why should the rest of the country be any different. :sosad:

gib ycnan

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2006
How about biking? In years past, my family has enjoyed bike rides through Seaside and Watercolor streets - not everyday - just once or twice during our week there to enjoy the architecture and beauty of the neighborhoods. We also stop for drinks and snacks and shopping. We do not use beach accesses, and we're always respectful, especially since we understand the roads and property belong to others. When we bike through in April and June this year, are we in danger of being told to leave?

If you stay off Tupelo you should be OK.
I walk through Seaside all the time and everyone is friendly, but I do avoid the gazebo on Tupelo.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Paula: you can pay an annual fee to Seaside for pools and tennis courts. there is a pool they cover during winter and it is heated (spidey took swim lessons there one winter).

you can pay to use Rosemary Beach fitness center, and tennis facility. I don't know about pool.

Thanks, Toots. I'll be checking into short-term use of pools at Seaside/Rosemary Beach at some point - it would be nice to have access to a heated pool in the cooler months.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If you stay off Tupelo you should be OK.
I walk through Seaside all the time and everyone is friendly, but I do avoid the gazebo on Tupelo.

What's wrong with Tupelo? Is there an especially tough gang of owners in that area?