• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hmmmmm...Mr. Ray, dem is fightin' words! If you had any chance of being taken seriously to begin with, you lost it with that comment. Those words smack of ignorance. Something smells here....besides the tanks. What is up?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
EZ4144 said:
A lot of people feel that way aboutt her she is a joke that is not funny and nobody listens to her anyway except people that are unhappy. She always votes against the people and all the other comissioners.
Are you just plain stupid? Oops, I mean blind?
As a County Commissioner, one is not to go along with the other Commissioners just for the sake of going along. You must have been at a meeting different than the one which I attended. All of the other Commissioners voted against her. All of them. Cindy actually seconded Commissioner Jones' motion, and voted in favor. Wake up and smell the beans. I am all for making Walton Co a better place to live, so go clean up your sh_t, and take your new plastic beach somewhere else. Don't get me started. I may have to break out my chess set to quiten you down.

Commissioner Meadows has both happy and unhappy people listening to her.

If I were a County Commissioner, I would always question other Commissioners. I think Comm. Meadows is one of the few good ones we have.

Last edited:

lurker1

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
SoWal

If I were a County Commissioner, I would always question other Commissioners. I think Comm. Meadows is one of the few good ones we have.[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother Joe!

Sueshore said:
You Go Moondance!!!! You'll probably be called the "little whippersnapper", etc., but I think you have to be correct that more than 19 homeowners are in favor of saving their neighborhood's reputation. Please be advised...I am speaking from the heart and not from being educated on the history or ordinances in effect...other than from what I have learned from others here.
Actually, I prefer "Lightning Rod" :D to little whippersnapper :sosad: , but I get your drift!

I really appreciate the encouragement on this thread. I am sure that most of you understand I have much to lose by making these public comments. However, there is only one stand to take on this atrocity, and as I mentioned in my first post on the topic: "I'm flying straight into the storm."

I'll let you all know how to help, whether locally or remotely. I can not be there for the septic meeting on this Tues 8/9, but I would appreciate anyone in attendance providing a report on this thread.

Any chance there is a way to attend/listen via teleconference or online or other technology?? Kurt, help...?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Moondance said:
Actually, I prefer "Lightning Rod" :D to little whippersnapper :sosad: , but I get your drift!

I really appreciate the encouragement on this thread. I am sure that most of you understand I have much to lose by making these public comments. However, there is only one stand to take on this atrocity, and as I mentioned in my first post on the topic: "I'm flying straight into the storm."

I'll let you all know how to help, whether locally or remotely. I can not be there for the septic meeting on this Tues 8/9, but I would appreciate anyone in attendance providing a report on this thread.

Any chance there is a way to attend/listen via teleconference or online or other technology?? Kurt, help...?

There will be a report here. Anything else is a little ahead of its time for Walton County. Although if they had hotspots someone could report live on this forum.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
There will be a report here. Anything else is a little ahead of its time for Walton County. Although if they had hotspots someone could report live on this forum.

If they had a hot spot there, I would buy a web cam and you could watch the meeting of poop, maybe from Kurt's SoWal.com

I know of another, more advanced, small town that has a television channel devoted to the City and one to the County. All meetings are broadcasted. With all of the tax base here, I question why we cannot do something as simple as have a streamline broadcast for all County Meetings so that our large numbers of distant property owners can tune in to what is happening.

What time is the meeting on Tuesday?

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
First, I want to speak in support of Commissioner Meadows, who appears to have an exemplary voting record of brave positions on difficult issues. It is always difficult to be the only woman on an elected body, but I have found that the women usually exercise an independent vote that is based on the merits of the issue, as opposed to based on a position that someone else has lobbied them to. When we had questions about the sand issue (from out of State), she responded to us very quickly and with a comprehensive and persuasive point of view. We were impressed. A person who believes that women have no place in elected office needs to remember than women make up more than 50 percent of the voting population. That homeowners' rep individual's comments are unenlightened and undignified. I am certain they don't reflect the feelings of other owners in Gulf Trace.

Second, I have a question on this septic tank issue. Can someone fill me in? I do not understand how a situation that clearly poses a public health and safety hazard continues to be left in a status quo. In our local government, this kind of thing would go onto the District Attorney's desk so fast and the DA would require an immediate solution. I mean, their instructions in our County (which is far from being the most progressive around) are that the inspector's field notes on public safety conditions do not even go to word processing before they go onto the DA's desk, literally. Am I missing something...that an exposed septic tank can be left on a public beach to pollute multiple bodies of water and and beaches were people with children recreate in large numbers? I'm not being facetious, I really don't understand how this can go unresolved.

Philip_Atlanta said:
Moondance, I applaud your action. It seems you have an uphill battle, especially with Mr. Ray. Here is a quote that I found, to give you an idea of who you are fighting against...
______
Ray said Wednesday that he opposes the ordinance because the county has no business making Gulf Trace property owners connect to sewer. He added that he thinks Meadows just wants to cause trouble for Gulf Trace with the ordinance.

"This is a private subdivision," he said. "The biggest mistake that the county made was electing a female county commissioner. She's all talk and no action."

Meadows laughed when told of Ray's comments.

"To make this a personal and a sexist issue is almost as bad as letting your sewer run down into other people's lakes," she said.

Always nice to know your neighbors, so thanks for the info. Here's a thought, from Jack Johnson (best singer/songwriter in the biz):

"Bet you never knew anyone that could be so bad,
And if you did, you'd be wondering where I'm at..."

;-)