• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
A picture would be worth more than the quote, especially with the added emphasis of the vehicle parked in the slot. See what you can do SJ... :cool:

Meanwhile, does anyone have the information on when/where the septic meeting is to be held tomorrow(?). For all interested parties who can make the time, please try to attend in my/our absence and provide additional info on this thread.

It would be much appreciated by all us who are landlocked at the moment, with due respect to Landlocked (except for that picture :eek: )

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Richard said:
To this point the majority of county commissioners have claimed because this is a private subdivision they have no authority to force water and sewer on these people, despite the fact that many of them want water and sewer. I'm told commissioner Cuchens has relatives that live in this subdivision.

Somehow this doesn't come as a big surprise :pissed:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It would really stink (pun intended) if the Gulf Trace Homeowner's Association lost a lawsuit and was forced to install sewer in order to protect the health of beach goers. I guess then, we would know who's not the boss. :dunno:

Smiling JOe said:
It would really stink (pun intended) if the Gulf Trace Homeowner's Association lost a lawsuit and was forced to install sewer in order to protect the health of beach goers. I guess then, we would know who's not the boss. :dunno:

Oh, if it only it could happen. Please repeat after me... "there is no Homeowners' Association at Gulf Trace, there is no Homeowners' Association at Gulf Trace." :pissed:

But, to your point SJ, the (a) defendant in such a suit or enforcement action, or (b) entity to remediate and cure the issue and/or respond in damages, it seems to me, would be the person or entity in control of the common areas. This would particularly seem to be the case where that person or entity has undertaken (assumed a duty of care) to provide certain utilities and services for a profit, and has actual knowledge of the defective/dangerous condition for 25-30? years. :eek:

Wow, starting to sound like an articulable private action and/or basis for public action. Any commissioners out there? Health and safety? Activists? We're making a case for action on this thread. Is anyone prepared to act? :!:

Richard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2005
Moondance said:
Meanwhile, does anyone have the information on when/where the septic meeting is to be held tomorrow(?). For all interested parties who can make the time, please try to attend in my/our absence and provide additional info on this thread.

It would be much appreciated by all us who are landlocked at the moment, with due respect to Landlocked (except for that picture :eek: )

The county commission meeting that will deal with the septic tank issue is at the Walton County courthouse in DeFuniak Springs at 4PM today. Go up highway 331, cross under I-10, until you run out of road. Take a right and the courthouse is several blocks down on the left. It's about a 45 to 50 minute drive.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Moondance...are you in town for this meeting? Put me down for some funding if it comes to that....this issue has broad reaching impact potential for more than this area. Has anyone thought seriously about a Concerned Citizens type group to back issues of this sort? I vaguely remember some alliance from this board...can some one help my mentalpause?

Sueshore said:
Moondance...are you in town for this meeting? Put me down for some funding if it comes to that....this issue has broad reaching impact potential for more than this area. Has anyone thought seriously about a Concerned Citizens type group to back issues of this sort? I vaguely remember some alliance from this board...can some one help my mentalpause?

Sueshore, I really appreciate it! :clap_1: I'll put you on the growing list. Others send PM to Moondance if you are interested in helping...

I am not in town and won't get to SoWal for a few days. That is why I am hoping someone in attendance will keep us updated on the meeting today (at 4PM at the courthouse in DeFuniak).

I have contacted Comm. Meadows via email to try to apprise her of the discussion here. Will follow up with fax of hard copy of the thread.

I am not aware of a group but, obviously, would support it. And by the way, I'm no crusader nor activist, just concerned over one of the most inexplicable things I've ever run across (in my own backyard, literally).