• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Bottom line is that our politicos fear this.

I like the check and balance regardless of outcome.

This is a great example of fear being a motivator.

Its unfortunate that Walton county elected officials only respond to fear.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
I just finished reading this thread . I am most discouraged. Naively , I assumed that people interested in becoming a school board member would have a grasp of the English language and the rules of usage. How in the world are these folks qualified to oversee our schools if they are uneducated? One shudders. Mark Twain said, " God created fools for practice then he created school board members." Between spats over forums perhaps the candidates could peruse The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. or Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Pridgen appears to have the support of the Taxpayers Association as well as the support of M.C. Davis.

Not sure how you get that. You might want to take a look at the SOE website as one of the WCTA Board members seems to be backing a different candidate.

Edited: I saw 2 members of WCTA give to Mr Pridgen, but that does not necessarily means there is an endorsement by the Association and there was one member who gave to Mrs. Jones.

Last edited: