• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What is your feelings about Vehicles on the Beach?

• No vehicles should be allowed

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Keep it the way it is

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • I like the proposed change limiting permits to permanent county residents

Votes: 39 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
So you're telling me that i own a home in grayton and pay the same taxes as you and am there 3-5 months of the year and support all the stores and restuants and i shouldn't be allowed to drive on the beach?TELL ME WHY SOMEBODY WHO LIVES FULL TIME IN ROSEMARY BEACH 10 MILES AWAY SHOULD HAVE MORE PRIVILAGES THAN ME WHO OWNS IN GRAYTON WERE THE BEACH IS?excuse me but thats bs.if and i mean if its passed it should be only for FULL TIME GRAYTON RESIDENTS.

All you have to do is register to vote in Walton County and you would be eligible to get a permit.

I agree with Captnk, I think there should be more beaches available to be driven on. It can be done in a responsible way to protect the environment, and still allow people to enjoy the beach, and I would love to be able to camp out on the beach and build a fire, but I will never get the chance.:cry:

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
How about a set number of permits. Allow charter boats to receive theirs first and then it's a first come first serve basis? The only qualification being that the vehicle be able to drive on the beach without getting stuck.

respectfully, thats unfair. not everyone is able to jet down to the annex whenever they want and many of us are the ones on that beach every day and every night.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
How about a set number of permits. Allow charter boats to receive theirs first and then it's a first come first serve basis? The only qualification being that the vehicle be able to drive on the beach without getting stuck.

You could also do a pre-registration for residents, and then open it up for others.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
All you have to do is register to vote in Walton County and you would be eligible to get a permit.

I agree with Captnk, I think there should be more beaches available to be driven on. It can be done in a responsible way to protect the environment, and still allow people to enjoy the beach, and I would love to be able to camp out on the beach and build a fire, but I will never get the chance.:cry:

must be able to provide a valid walton cnty land deed. voter registration wont work.

i camp on the beach often only its not here on 30a. but, youll need a boat

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
must be able to provide a valid walton cnty land deed. voter registration wont work.

i camp on the beach often only its not here on 30a. but, youll need a boat

Yeah, but ray said he owned a house in grayton, so all he has to do is become a registered voter and he is good to go.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Question - how much would restricting it to one permit per household/property help with the issue?

IMO it would certainly help w/ the "many vehicles from one LLC owned property" issue.

P.S. What the heck is going on lately? Seems like I can't go to any green space or beach w/o seeing a dog pooping....................and it not getting cleaned up.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
Question - how much would restricting it to one permit per household/property help with the issue?

IMO it would certainly help w/ the "many vehicles from one LLC owned property" issue.

P.S. What the heck is going on lately? Seems like I can't go to any green space or beach w/o seeing a dog pooping....................and it not getting cleaned up.

example: wife takes one truck and husband takes another on the same day. i have friends that do that every weekend.

do what i do, call those people letting dogs crap on the beach out in public. thats a huge problem for me and i have my mutt on the beach daily. its the same as people throwing cig butts out the window. pure laziness and ignorance

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

You can do both here - guess where?

20041227_1056.JPG

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I'm not a "newbie" to the hood--I've probably lived here longer than you and the majority of posters on this board.

It is my belief that vehicles, dogs and overnight gypsy camps don't belong on our beaches--all have and bring their own type of pollution and destruction that further erodes this precious natural resource.

I hate to agree and have been here a long time as well. It really saddens me to go down there and see it look like a walmart parking lot. I drive on the beaches often but because of a few bad dogs see it coming to an end one day.