• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Josh, why do you include area 16, which is north Santa Rosa Beach, yet you don't include Pt Washington?

Also, looking at the numbers you are posting, you seem to be looking solely at the quantity sold for March each year. Your original statement was more open, if you go back and read it. It sounded as though this was the best month since 2005.

There are many months since 2005 which have seen more quantity of closings AND higher total dollar volume.

March was indeed a great month for closings. I think it is more accurate if you can be specific in your details, including not only quantity of sales, but also including total dollar volume. "The best month yet" could mean that we saw three times the number of sales, but total volume could be down 50%, so any number alone doesn't tell us much.

Just my two cents.

Murray,
Post whatever information you want. I was just putting information out there. I've openly done several threads showing numbers and graphs on avg sales prices, inventory, sales volume, etc.. You seem to have plenty of time so break it down for them.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
It looks as if the numbers are very close to last year. It looks like our office is well up over last year this time. For those of you that like numbers and not innuendo, we are up 100% in the first quarter of 2009. I do not ever really have the time to post all the exact numbers but noted agents including myself had been much busier. If I ever post that I am busy, it does not mean the market is exploding back and NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY! It simply means I am excited and sharing my take on things. It is plain to see we have a ways to go to get out of this mess but I often feel compelled with all the bad news in this world to spread a little love. I truly love this business. If anyone would ever like to go over anything in detail please feel free to call. Good to see some life back in this section!

teamc

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2009
What a tool!

Did Charlie Crist buy a Florida home yet? (Not counting the one his "wife" owns?)

Maybe Remax can get him to star in their lame commercial of kicking himself in the arse--problem is, he may knock a few of his teeth loose.

you know, i've started to think that because i didn't get the hysteria of the housing boom the first time. it may be hard for me to understand what gets everybody all exicted. you like facts shelley, so do i. but i'm beginning to think that goofy catchphrases and the herd mentality work for alot of people, so while we may never get caught up in it. i guess all the silliness may be our last best hope! ha!

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Inventory for the same areas.

March, 2005- 854
March, 2006- 2089
March, 2007- 2433
March, 2008- 2505
March, 2009- 2245

Thanks for the info.

Looks like March was very typical compared to the previous couple of years. And, inventory continues to remain very high. Prices will likely continue to drop until supply and demand get back in sync and the huge number of shorts and foreclosures clear the market. The lower prices go, the busier you guys will likely be. :D

Given the current economic environment, the fact that units sold in March 2009 are consistent with 2008, 2007 and 2006 is somewhat surprising. Nice to see some people are still spending money!

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
But those are are March closings, so it's not really the spring uptick period yet (maybe just the beginning of it). A lot of the spring deals close in May or June. So the anecdotal evidence is helpful too -- we'll just have to see how it goes.

You raise a good point about inventory entering the spring season. Anyone care to elaborate? Has it stabilized or even started to decline?

Actually, March has always been one of the highest periods for closings. And, they stay relatively high (compared to winter and fall months) until July/August. Nothing special here other than its good to see people spending money.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Actually, March has always been one of the highest periods for closings. And, they stay relatively high (compared to winter and fall months) until July/August. Nothing special here other than its good to see people spending money.

That's interesting, thanks, I guess it differs from the pattern in most neighborhoods where I have lived, where homes hit the market in late Feb-March and closings happen in June, in order to accommodate the crowd that might be worried about changing schools.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Another question: How is the decreased availability of jumbo loans affecting what sells? Credit has been extraordinarily tight in that sector from what I have read, and rates have been quite high. So are the properties under $500K, say, selling at a brisker pace?

Also: Are we seeing the return of the (at least occasional) all-cash buyer?

Edit to say I found the answer on Murray's blog. Thanks Murray!

Is Financing a Problem? Not for some. Sales reports show that in the category of Combined Residential (Homes, Condos, Townhomes), 39% of the sales were CASH, while the category of Residential Land reports that 53% of the sales in South Walton were CASH transactions.

Seems like a sign of a healthier market. :dunno:

Last edited: