• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
it will be interesting to see if the walton pa considers this an arms lenght transaction and includes it in the assessments for Rosemary...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
it will be interesting to see if the walton pa considers this an arms lenght transaction and includes it in the assessments for Rosemary...
According to the Property Appraiser, he throws out the low and high sales when calculating assessed values.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Maybe I should have added, "if given a choice only between the two." I like some of the architecture in Rosemary, but the community isn't really my cup of tea. That doesn't mean that it cannot be right for others.

I enjoy Rosemary...I like all the footpaths and the boardwalks and the foliage...but what I love is the architechture,the earthy colors,the lawns and of course the Starbucks...love the pumpkin velvet chairs...so comfy.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
In regards to the pa throwing out high and lows...according to the pa, he does that most ot the time..those little gray areas of assessments and the limited yet subjectivity of the appraisers opinions leaks into the process...in bay county tax payers have revolted to the point of actually winning lower assessments from their review board...not true in walco...makes you wonder how they can be so perfect here...

Last edited:

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
Jeez...looking up this Lyle Finley guy and went on a spending spree relatively recently....

08-26-06 paid 2.75 M for a lot in Paradise by the Sea
03-02-07 paid 2.795M for home in Rosemary
06-15-07 paid 7.8 M for the tear down

This guy must be anti-Shelly... :)

What a deal maker.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
OMG. I think I know that house -- just off Western Green, right?

I also know someone whose house had mold problems. He had to rip out all of the sheetrock to fix it. But he didn't tear down the whole flippin' house. Must be nice to have that kind of dough.

I forget whether it was Ivan or Dennis but I remember seeing several of the waterfront homes in Rosemary vacuuming water out of their homes after the storm so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure the mold was from one of the storm surges. I couldn't believe it because of the elevation but inspections before purchasing would be a real good idea.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I forget whether it was Ivan or Dennis but I remember seeing several of the waterfront homes in Rosemary vacuuming water out of their homes after the storm so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure the mold was from one of the storm surges. I couldn't believe it because of the elevation but inspections before purchasing would be a real good idea.

I am pretty sure the storm surge only got to about two to four feet higher than the flat beach not 15-20 feet higher so it must have been the associated rain and runoff from adjacent properties.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
You don't need a storm surge or runoff to get mold - the climate and building of houses that don't "breathe" makes many a Sowal home a mold factory! :roll:

waterst1

Beach Lover
Dec 24, 2006
The mold in this house was mostly from the fact that the windows (nice mahogany windows) had been improperly installed. The leaks below the window sills caused mold that was concealed inside the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.