• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Kind of like what Captain Barker said above, the only thing that would worry me would be if I was working or whatever down here and lived north of the bridge, in the event the winds caused EOC to close the bridge. If I still lived north of the Bay, I'd be chomping at the bit to go home, because I have crossed the bridge with much lower winds and had trouble keeping it on the road. I can't imagine going across with sustained 40+.

This one doesn't worry me (famous last words). I just wish it would hurry up and get on with it before it gets dark.

update - Dr. Steve Lyons just said "weakening" :roll:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Here's how Tropical Storm Claudette's rainbands look at about 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, 2009 from the beach at Eastern Lake looking east toward Panama City Beach. We had some rain earlier. It is low tide and lake is barely closed.

dunelaker-albums-hurricanes-tropical-storms-2009-picture4930-claudette-ts-el-pc-rainband-approach-8-09-033.jpg

dunelaker-albums-hurricanes-tropical-storms-2009-picture4927-claudette-ts-5-p-m-el-fwb-8-09-016.jpg

Sand dunes and seaoats near Sugar Dunes access at Eastern Lake. Lowtide and surf for TS Claudette, 8-16-09 5 p.m. Looking SW.

Last edited:
I drove down by myself to make sure that windows and doors are locked and pool/patio furniture is secured.

Now I am hungry. Pizza Bar is closing and Barefoot BBQ doesn't answer the phone. I am skeered! I cleared out the junk in the garage so I can protect the car.

Last edited:

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Claudette

How is the weather down in SOWAL? I am in ATL for a few days...
Thanks.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
According to the hurricane guy on TWC, the storm appears to be weakening.