• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
I can hear the surf now, but still no real wind, and only light sprinkles...

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
Is it really windy? If anyone passes by Casa Scooterbug, if you could take the hanging plants on the porch down, that would be great! :wave:

all safe :wave:

the spiders & their webs were very welcoming
doc.gif

Last edited:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
The air is calm, no rain and the frogs are singing.....Based on my expert opinion, the French Wench is going to visit us in BMB.....:cool:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Hmmm. Seagrove Beach in Walton County just mentioned on The Weather Channel. 6:51 p.m. CST TWC just said the storm had turned north and headed for Seagrove Beach rather than its more direct westerly direction. Still not raining here. Sort of reminds me of TS Harry which hit at night. I hope it doesn't gain any intensity like Harry did some years back. I'm heading out to watch a nice sunset.

I heard that too. And DeFuniak Springs was mentioned, and the big ol' arrow on the screen was pointed at the Shallows. :yikes: But if we get the center of circulation, sounds like the worst would be east of us.

About Harry...was that Barry? I don't remember the year, only that we were still in Freeport and Fuzz spent the night with his grandmother as his grandpa was in the hospital, and I said that Squirt and I would be fine; just a little tropical storm. And then right at 10:00, Jason Kelley on Ch 7 showed a radar of "rotating thunderstorms" off of Grayton Beach. :shock:

45 minutes later, Fuzz's cousin & wife & Squirt & I are all sitting in our hallway, listening to pine trees snap like twigs and watching the flap on the plastic cat door to our garage stand up, while the garage door rattles and our ears pop...:creepy:

update - Cantore just said the center was tightening up - eeeek

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Thank God the only channel I receive is ch 13, and even it, after the switch to digital doesn't have enough signal strength to reach my external antenna. (the switch to digital may keep many people uninformed of important stuff like these storms.) I'm hunkering down with a book. Y'all let me know when it is over.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
For Punzy via Skunky...:D

I would side with Skunky on this one and say you guys should be "a ok" from storm surge. Sowal may get 3 ft or so (probably less), but a little storm surge could actually help the beach build up elevation as the water will just reach the toe of the dunes in most areas. I was just saying when I drove the beach last week how it would be good to have a small TS to push some of the nearshore sand onto the beach and some of the frontal beach to the dunes. This storm looks to be just what I was hoping for and will offer more protection from larger storms if there are any later this year.

On the other hand, it may not be a good thing for the multiple turtle nests that are out there. We will have to wait and see.

What will happen to the turtle nests that have not hatched?

Thanks