• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I do not normally, as you are aware, respond to your posts, but yes, your freedom from religion qualifies.

Thank you for your service.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
LOL. That letter has got some attitude behind those crafty words. Give em hell sheriff. I bet he posts it to his Facebook page.

I agree with him only in the context of the flag flap Teresa....I respect the job he is doing for the County as it relates to law enforcement.

Most people (by nature) have some serious attitude when it comes to anything they believe in (or not) passionately. Hence why people saw so much attitude over the Confederate flag...which btw, isn't illegal.

I have my doubts about the God issue.

Yes, it was posted to FB by the Sheriif's Ofc.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I agree with him only in the context of the flag flap Teresa....I respect the job he is doing for the County as it relates to law enforcement.

Most people (by nature) have some serious attitude when it comes to anything they believe in (or not) passionately. Hence why people saw so much attitude over the Confederate flag...which btw, isn't illegal.

I have my doubts about the God issue.

Yes, it was posted to FB by the Sheriif's Ofc.

For me, the sticker is not even an issue. Don't care.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Don't care.

And for me that's the problem. People in general care only when it's something they are passionate about (a piece of cloth) but when the shoes on the other foot and the law in regard to its Constitutionality it becomes an "ostrich moment".

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
And for me that's the problem. People in general don't care when it's something they are passionate about (a piece of cloth) but when the shoes on the other foot and the law is questioned in regard to Constitutional law it becomes an "ostrich moment".

I see it as a short sighted PR move.. jumping on the God sticker bandwagon started by other sheriffs in the panhandle..

If God is already on the badge and on the side of the vehicle as part of the emblem or whatever, then why the sticker? PR. Letters. Facebook content. Lots of comments of support. Attention. Whatever.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I see it as a ridiculous PR stunt. As seen on his fb page today. No thanks. I don't have to care.

The majority of Walton County sees Uhlfelder's actions as a HUGE PR stunt as well Teresa!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm not referring to the flag. That's another issue and has been discussed elsewhere as it is completely different in every way.

I beg to differ!