• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachbums77

Beach Comber
Jun 21, 2012
Rosie, Repulicans have been in control of this county for over twelve years. Corruption, lack of transparancy, waste of tax dollars, and no trust in local government. Give the lady a chance

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
:love: Ditto what beachbums said, sorry to get off subject but I think 30aRosie is out of line. That type of comment was rude and disrepespectful. The lack of civility these days is a crying shame. I am a registered independent and Mrs. Ragle can count on my vote. Finally a choice for someone to vote for thats not part of the Walton County good ole boy Republican establishment.

30ARosie

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2008
Rosemary Beach
Sorry, Rosie, I did not intend to whine. I joined this forum in an attempt to give voters a feeling for who I am and what I believe. :sosad:

Yes, a large number of Republicans expressed a need for change judging from the August primary results. Many of us Democrats agree with those Republicans. (Perhaps, as human beings, partisanship is not the barbed-wire fence that divides us. Perhaps it is a lack of respect for an individual's right to disagree with her neighbor.)

In the business world, employees who are content in their jobs are more productive than those who are disenchanted. Indeed, we need industry. We also need a workforce with the basic skills and the soft skills to be productive employees for that industry.

I respect your opinion and your right to express it. If my posts are upsetting for you, ignore them and vote for the incumbent.

Rosemary

Point taken Rosemary, can you please tell me some of your qualifications and please share with us some of the specific changes you intend to make if elected.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I believe you could say that the 3000 or so Republicans who voted for Ms. Hutchison would indicate that there is some dissatisfaction with the incumbent. And what were Mrs. Anderson's outstanding qualifications when she first ran in 2004? It's absurd to assume that she and she alone should run the schools in Walton County.

sunny850

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2012
Jdarg, regarding your suggestion that we up north need to be screaming just as loud as the south end..."We up North" voted for Mrs Hutchison. "Yall down South" voted for Mrs. Anderson. I guess you thought loud screaming was enough to get you what you wanted. Check the Supervisor of Election website - South Walton overwhelmingly supported Mrs. Anderson, not North Walton.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Jdarg, regarding your suggestion that we up north need to be screaming just as loud as the south end..."We up North" voted for Mrs Hutchison. "Yall down South" voted for Mrs. Anderson. I guess you thought loud screaming was enough to get you what you wanted. Check the Supervisor of Election website - South Walton overwhelmingly supported Mrs. Anderson, not North Walton.

Maybe because many in South Walton thought Anderson was a better choice than Hutchison. Maybe you can enlighten us why North Walton would vote for Hutchison, and South for Anderson?

Moving towards November, I am looking forward to hearing from both candidates.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
It concerns me that most of Walton Countiy's elected officials' campaigns are funded by one billionaire landowner who no doubt enjoys tax exemptions. Mrs. Anderson is one of those officials. In the 2008 election Mrs. Anderson also received thousands in campaign contributions from someone who was involved in a scheme to suck $6million in public education funds to build a hangar/"joint use facility" at Destin Jet at the Destin airport. Even Alexis Tibbits didn't receive funding from these big dawgs although she had a fund of more than $90,000. She recieved funding from more than 400 individual contributors and her own money. Walton County seems to be unique in the fact that super wealthy folks are so interested in getting the right people elected.

Rosemary Ragle

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
It is time to recognize the contributions of the team.

Point taken Rosemary, can you please tell me some of your qualifications and please share with us some of the specific changes you intend to make if elected.

My goals as your superintendent:
Reward teachers and support staff
Restore the faith of stakeholders in our school system
Reduce time away from the classroom
Reflect an attitude of team spirit: include and involve, listen and consider

Reconsider the hierarchy of the district office
Reassess
professional development mandates

The past 7.5 years I have served as Administrator for the Department of Exceptional Education and Psychological Services (ESE) with the Walton District School System. Our department has been ranked a Level I, the highest ranking by the Florida Department of Education, for the past five years. My department’s Level I status has brought additional monies to the district, respect from other districts in the state, and precluded corrective action for noncompliance.

When I became department administrator in June of 2005, WCSD had been cited for 13 systemic areas of noncompliance by the Department of Education as a result of a program audit. Am I taking credit for the department's accomplishments? NO! It has been a team effort.

Surround yourself with smart people, give them a job to do, and let them do it. Treat them like adults and do not micromanage.

During my tenure as department administrator, we have avoided any State due process hearings, findings from complaints filed with the Office for Civil Rights, or law suits related to compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. Additionally, for the last two years our department’s annual compliance audit by DOE was 100%, zero findings.

I supervise 28 people currently and manage an annual budget between 1.5 to 2 million federal dollars. In fact, I have managed the budget so well that when the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) disbursements ended, I was able to absorb salaries of paraprofessionals who were paid with ARRA dollars, therefore savings jobs.

I do not need to be told to do my job, nor do I need to defend myself - just research the district performance on the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services website. I and the accomplishments of my department staff have been recognized statewide.

It is past time to rethink the mission and rekindle the spirit. It is time to recognize the contributions of the team.

Rosemary

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Well said Mrs. Ragle, and from the school system employess I've spoken with, you are on target with you comments. I was shocked when I found out Carlene Anderson had created a new position just to perform part of the duties you where already performing. Furthermore, the person she hired is suspect from all the things I have read about him and Survivor Charter School. I read the post containing a letter from his attorney on another forum. Mr. Stafford and his attorney apparently don't know his entire case history with Survivor is all public information and available on the internet. It's easy to see, at minimum, he utilized poor judgement and exhibited a lack of integrity. For Carlene Anderson to promote him to a supervisory position exhibits poor judgement on her part as well as wasting tax payer dollars for overstaffing in the district office. I encourage everyone to look at the available information available on line. Best of luck in your endeavor, it's time for a change with all of Walton County's elected officials.

30ARosie

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2008
Rosemary Beach
Someone might ask who interviewed, checked references and recommended the individual in question for hire in Walton Co.; answer is Rosemary Ragle. Check the public records!