• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
anything but fruit on my pizza. fruit on my salad is fine. but not on my entree..
Would grape tomatoes work? Or chunks of plum tomatoes? (No fruit for me either on a pizza.)

This recipe sounds heavenly. I've always made deepdish pizza and it takes a good part of the day. I've never had a stone or a peel thing so maybe I will convert.

Plus Mermaid mentioned her convection oven which I have and have never used yet, so I suppose the possibilities are endless.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Would grape tomatoes work? Or chunks of plum tomatoes? (No fruit for me either on a pizza.)

This recipe sounds heavenly. I've always made deepdish pizza and it takes a good part of the day. I've never had a stone or a peel thing so maybe I will convert.

Plus Mermaid mentioned her convection oven which I have and have never used yet, so I suppose the possibilities are endless.

Haven't used convection yet? :eek: What are you waiting for!! Once you get used to the way it cooks, you'll never go back. It's like the difference between rotary and touch-tone (remember that?). You'll probably burn the first couple of dishes you make since it cooks so much more quickly, but in the end you'll appreciate its speed and convenience. I hate slow-mo ovens now. I'm too impatient to wait on them.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Haven't used convection yet? :eek: What are you waiting for!! Once you get used to the way it cooks, you'll never go back. It's like the difference between rotary and touch-tone (remember that?). You'll probably burn the first couple of dishes you make since it cooks so much more quickly, but in the end you'll appreciate its speed and convenience. I hate slow-mo ovens now. I'm too impatient to wait on them.
I guess I'm waiting for someone to come to my house and do it for me. No, I'll just have to get the manual out and try it. I'm sure I'll love it.
Thanks for the push.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I guess I'm waiting for someone to come to my house and do it for me. No, I'll just have to get the manual out and try it. I'm sure I'll love it.
Thanks for the push.

On my oven it's nothing more complicated that pressing the convection button. All you need to look up is temperature reduction (ie, baked goods usually are set at 325 degrees as opposed to the usual 350) and time reduction (I've found what takes 30 minutes in a regular oven usually only takes 18-22 minutes on average). Your manual will give you more specific guidelines, but really, it's not rocket science. If you know how to operate a computer--even badly--you know how to use the convection oven.

Plus, it turns out a damn fine pizza. :razz:

jpreus

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2005
SoWal native in transition
Tasso and grits? Are you willing to share the recipe? Sounds yummmmmmmmy

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Tasso and grits? Are you willing to share the recipe? Sounds yummmmmmmmy
Have you ever done shrimp and grits? It has tasso in it too...and I have found a way to make a casserole using the ingredients...more like a souffle'

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg

The recipe needs sweet in it...that is why I think carmalized onions tossed in madeira would do the trick. Grape tomatoes would change the "flavor" of the recipe...but I am sure it would be quite tasty!
Convection ovens are great..I have one at work. The stone is still a wonderful thing to use for this pizza!!! Gives it a very authentic flair!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Love the pizza recipe and thanks for the tip on heating the stone.

I made a really good Shrimp, tomato,and orzo pasta for a dinner on Thursday....went over very well. Last night I had some yummy tasso and grits thanks to a very kind SoWaller.

:D