• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Not sure I understand a charter county but if this will work Bob I am all for it. Why not have a meeting and discuss all options. Having Non Partisan Elections is a great idea.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
After much reflection, I believe these fliers weren't about religion or its position. They were genuinely about replacing the recycled garbage in Walton County.
Let me first say that I am a total supporter of separation of Church and State. I don't want churches running my schools or my government. I simply want what we were promised in the constitution. the right to religious freedom and I don't mind moments of silence at schools or events so people can quietly pray to whom they choose. If asked I will gladly share my religion with you, but I never force it. I am against the diatribe that Cecilia Jones and her kind spew out at every local meeting like god is guiding their decisions instead of the rules and laws and ordinances. The fact that Huckabee is aggravated at Mrs. Meadows and no fliers of support for her show that the beach issue and not religion are driving some of this support. I think Huckabee smells a rat in most of the current politicians and is ready and has the money to help that change occur. He knows chapman and Imfeld will flip flop as soon as the election is over and he is not buying it. As mad as he may be at Meadows over customary use, he is smart enough to know that Cecilia and Tony will give our beach to the vendors if they can and perpetuate the beach issues for their family's gain. I have talked to both Fletcher and Nipper now face to face and believe them both to be genuine and I'm glad to see some support thrown their way as their campaigns are not well funded compared to others.
That being said, I have been thinking about what Misty, Danny and even Ms. Meadows have said and what Cecilia Jones has clearly projected, IT TAKES THREE! So lets put three good people in a position to make some positive changes and actually follow the rules so here is my three this go around.

1. Cindy Meadows- Although controversial some times, she is our ONLY board member with Development and Planning experience/education and the only one who knows and understands the comp plan and LDC. Besides Cecilia, Sara Comander and her sidekick Robert Nelson are supporting Tony Anderson and we know that Sara, Cecelia and Tony add up to three who are seeking power by thumbing their nose at the sunshine law and its intent. Ms. Meadows must stay if nothing else for her knowledge and qualifications.

2. Bill Fletcher- Well educated,Business background, community advocate, knows some of the problems we currently have and has the personality to bridge many gaps where friction currently resides. As Misty pointed out he even gets along with the sheriff and still interacts well with the non good ole boy sowal populous and would be a fair voice of reason. Has donated many hours to children's center and even BCC proposals. Fletcher is solid in my opinion. A plus is he has lived and owned in both NOWAL and SOWAL and I like he has both perspectives.

3. Melanie Nipper- We need a rule follower and nipper has seen first hand what it's like when the right person doesn't care what the rules say. As a military member she knows the good of following a plan and enforcing the rules fairly for the good of all and the good of order. She may be a little weak in some areas but I feel her enthusiasm and desire to offer better government to everyone is a dose of what we need. I like Dixon too but feel he brings god into everything because he is a preacher and unfortunately I want a business and community leader, not a spiritual one.

Bottom line is there is my three and the reasoning, I think these three would solve a lot of the real issues and begin to address things immediately in a positive way. It will take hard work to elect these three, prayer ain't enough, it's about educating your neighbors to understand that local issues affect you more than aide to Syrians does and your backyard is as important as changing things in Washington.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I have on many occasions proposed trying to make Walton County a "charter county".

Solves a lot of issues people talk about.

I would welcome a conversation with you on that subject and even work towards that outcome if it makes sense for our county Bob. I will private message you my cell phone number if I may.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
After much reflection, I believe these fliers weren't about religion or its position. They were genuinely about replacing the recycled garbage in Walton County.
Let me first say that I am a total supporter of separation of Church and State. I don't want churches running my schools or my government. I simply want what we were promised in the constitution. the right to religious freedom and I don't mind moments of silence at schools or events so people can quietly pray to whom they choose. If asked I will gladly share my religion with you, but I never force it. I am against the diatribe that Cecilia Jones and her kind spew out at every local meeting like god is guiding their decisions instead of the rules and laws and ordinances. The fact that Huckabee is aggravated at Mrs. Meadows and no fliers of support for her show that the beach issue and not religion are driving some of this support. I think Huckabee smells a rat in most of the current politicians and is ready and has the money to help that change occur. He knows chapman and Imfeld will flip flop as soon as the election is over and he is not buying it. As mad as he may be at Meadows over customary use, he is smart enough to know that Cecilia and Tony will give our beach to the vendors if they can and perpetuate the beach issues for their family's gain. I have talked to both Fletcher and Nipper now face to face and believe them both to be genuine and I'm glad to see some support thrown their way as their campaigns are not well funded compared to others.
That being said, I have been thinking about what Misty, Danny and even Ms. Meadows have said and what Cecilia Jones has clearly projected, IT TAKES THREE! So lets put three good people in a position to make some positive changes and actually follow the rules so here is my three this go around.

1. Cindy Meadows- Although controversial some times, she is our ONLY board member with Development and Planning experience/education and the only one who knows and understands the comp plan and LDC. Besides Cecilia, Sara Comander and her sidekick Robert Nelson are supporting Tony Anderson and we know that Sara, Cecelia and Tony add up to three who are seeking power by thumbing their nose at the sunshine law and its intent. Ms. Meadows must stay if nothing else for her knowledge and qualifications.

2. Bill Fletcher- Well educated,Business background, community advocate, knows some of the problems we currently have and has the personality to bridge many gaps where friction currently resides. As Misty pointed out he even gets along with the sheriff and still interacts well with the non good ole boy sowal populous and would be a fair voice of reason. Has donated many hours to children's center and even BCC proposals. Fletcher is solid in my opinion. A plus is he has lived and owned in both NOWAL and SOWAL and I like he has both perspectives.

3. Melanie Nipper- We need a rule follower and nipper has seen first hand what it's like when the right person doesn't care what the rules say. As a military member she knows the good of following a plan and enforcing the rules fairly for the good of all and the good of order. She may be a little weak in some areas but I feel her enthusiasm and desire to offer better government to everyone is a dose of what we need. I like Dixon too but feel he brings god into everything because he is a preacher and unfortunately I want a business and community leader, not a spiritual one.

Bottom line is there is my three and the reasoning, I think these three would solve a lot of the real issues and begin to address things immediately in a positive way. It will take hard work to elect these three, prayer ain't enough, it's about educating your neighbors to understand that local issues affect you more than aide to Syrians does and your backyard is as important as changing things in Washington.

I'm in TOTAL agreement with you in regard to religion and politics! Religion has NO PLACE in government decision making. God doesn't get candidates elected, the people who live, work and play here do! As you said, our society has the right to worship (or NOT ) any God they choose but we DON'T need divine intervention in doing what's right for those who elected you to serve!

The other issue I have with religion in general are people like Cecilia Jones. That woman has got to be the biggest hypocrite who ever walked the face of this earth. You can't in any way act like the damn the devil incarnate, threatening people, playing dirty politics and just being the total (in C. Jones own words) Jezebel Mon.thru Sat. and sit in a Church pew on Sunday professing your love of God and all that's holy when your action the rest of the week clearly indicate otherwise. C. Jones managed to fool allot of people this last go round when she got herself elected and I sincerely hope the next go round results in a resounding DEFEAT! Her husband, Jerry Jones believed (when he threatened me) that I single handedly got him ousted from the school board. While I'm flattered that he believed I was a one woman show, I could not have done it without people giving me accurate information that I HELPED expose. I did not act alone...it took a village and it will take the same village to oust C. Jones. C. Jones has got to go!

Patriot Games, you know Sara Comander is a personal friend of mine as well as my District Commissioner. I don't like her friendship/alliance with Robert Nelson and I've told her so. The reality is I don't pick her friends or alliances and she doesn't pick mine. I'm also of the opinion that Robert Nelson has sullied his own reputation politically because he has never been able to get himself elected to any position he has ever run for. That's a good thing! :)Sara is also aware of his shenanigans and chooses (for what ever reason) to call him a friend. I think people in general give Mr. Nelson far to much credit in the political world and how it affects Sara decision making process. Personally, I think Sara is more driven by what the majority of constituents want than she is Robert Nelson.

I'm also going to make an admission here that's really no ones business but I think it will shed a huge amount of light on Sara's passion. compassion and civic mindedness. I lost my job in April of last year, applied for my unemployment benefits and drew them until late Oct. and managed to keep my head above water, pay my bills and eat. In Nov. I became violently ill and had to have an emergency appendectomy and hernia repair. I was also diagnosed with diabetes (sugars were sky high during my hospital stay) and I have COPD and fibromyalgia. That stint in the hospital knocked me on my a$$ and I probably won't ever be able to work full time again. I digress...I got behind in my bills and was struggling just to keep food in my belly. Twice Sara came to my home, picked me up, took me to the grocery store and spent a couple hundred dollars out of her own pocket to make sure I had food. :cry: To this day, that woman has never ever expected to be paid back and wouldn't take the money even if it was offered. I still struggle (SSDI benefits are always denied the first time you apply) with food shortages from month to month but because of Sara's help with community resources and information I can get help when I need it. All those things were done on Sara's own time, with her own money and because she cared. I'm not looking for pity or handouts. I want to be able to truly help myself again but in the meantime it's nice knowing that now if I need help, I know where to turn. It has been the most humbling experiences of my life (if you have never had to ask for help, you'll never understand) what a huge difference it makes in peoples lives just to have resources! Anyway, enough of that...

As for the candidates, I'm leaning in your direction!

Last edited:

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I'm in TOTAL agreement with you in regard to religion and politics! Religion has NO PLACE in government decision making. God doesn't get candidates elected, the people who live, work and play here do! As you said, our society has the right to worship (or NOT ) any God they choose but we DON'T need divine intervention in doing what's right for those who elected you to serve!

The other issue I have with religion in general are people like Cecilia Jones. That woman has got to be the biggest hypocrite who ever walked the face of this earth. You can't in any way act like the damn the devil incarnate, threatening people, playing dirty politics and just being the total (in C. Jones own words) Jezebel Mon.thru Sat. and sit in a Church pew on Sunday professing your love of God and all that's holy when your action the rest of the week clearly indicate otherwise. C. Jones managed to fool allot of people this last go round when she got herself elected and I sincerely hope the next go round results in a resounding DEFEAT! Her husband, Jerry Jones believed (when he threatened me) that I single handedly got him ousted from the school board. While I'm flattered that he believed I was a one woman show, I could not have done it without people giving me accurate information that I HELPED expose. I did not act alone...it took a village and it will take the same village to oust C. Jones. C. Jones has got to go!

Patriot Games, you know Sara Comander is a personal friend of mine as well as my District Commissioner. I don't like her friendship/alliance with Robert Nelson and I've told her so. The reality is I don't pick her friends or alliances and she doesn't pick mine. I'm also of the opinion that Robert Nelson has sullied his own reputation politically because he has never been able to get himself elected to any position he has ever run for. That's a good thing! :)Sara is also aware of his shenanigans and chooses (for what ever reason) to call him a friend. I think people in general give Mr. Nelson far to much credit in the political world and how it affects Sara decision making process. Personally, I think Sara is more driven by what the majority of constituents want than she is Robert Nelson.

I'm also going to make an admission here that's really no ones business but I think it will shed a huge amount of light on Sara's passion. compassion and civic mindedness. I lost my job in April of last year, applied for my unemployment benefits and drew them until late Oct. and managed to keep my head above water, pay my bills and eat. In Nov. I became violently ill and had to have an emergency appendectomy and hernia repair. I was also diagnosed with diabetes (sugars were sky high during my hospital stay) and I have COPD and fibromyalgia. That stint in the hospital knocked me on my a$$ and I probably won't ever be able to work full time again. I digress...I got behind in my bills and was struggling just to keep food in my belly. Twice Sara came to my home, picked me up, took me to the grocery store and spent a couple hundred dollars out of her own pocket to make sure I had food. :cry: To this day, that woman has never ever expected to be paid back and wouldn't take the money even if it was offered. I still struggle (SSDI benefits are always denied the first time you apply) with food shortages from month to month but because of Sara's help with community resources and information I can get help when I need it. All those things were done on Sara's own time, with her own money and because she cared. I'm not looking for pity or handouts. I want to be able to truly help myself again but in the meantime it's nice knowing that now if I need help, I know where to turn. It has been the most humbling experiences of my life (if you have never had to ask for help, you'll never understand) what a huge difference it makes in peoples lives just to have resources! Anyway, enough of that...

As for the candidates, I'm leaning in your direction!