• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Phil Good

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2016
Blue Mountain
locals who spend hard earned money on taxes and are actual owners of the sand would like to go to the beach and not compete with empty chairs for a nice spot.
We don't set up on private property unless the owners of said property want equipment. A lot of beach front homeowners have purchased seasonal sets because they want their guests to have a comfortable seat in the shade. We appreciate all business!

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Wait, you think we're out here throwing all these chairs out in near 100 degree heat for nothing? People want to guarantee themselves a spot for the week and are willing and able to spend their hard earned money to do so. This is America, after all.
What we think is that most vendors put out as many chairs as possible, taking every inch of available space, and are hostile if anyone interferes. No matter the temperature. We think most vendors are taking advantage of us and making our community look bad.

Maybe it's a minority of vendors who are giving the rest a bad name. It doesn't really matter.

You've been called out by @Dave Rauschkolb - are you proud of your business?

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
We don't set up on private property unless the owners of said property want equipment. A lot of beach front homeowners have purchased seasonal sets because they want their guests to have a comfortable seat in the shade. We appreciate all business!
Do you set up on public property?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
What we think is that most vendors put out as many chairs as possible, taking every inch of available space, and are hostile if anyone interferes. No matter the temperature. We think most vendors are taking advantage of us and making our community look bad.

Maybe it's a minority of vendors who are giving the rest a bad name. It doesn't really matter.

Hello? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I was not referring to private property. We Walton County taxpayers own the public beaches.

Phil Good

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2016
Blue Mountain

Very. I was blessed to be raised in paradise, saw a demand, and took advantage of it like many others have done before me and will continue to do after. It is unfortunate that it has upset a few. The community has never looked better, just look at all this money that is pouring in!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So Phil, Welcome to SoWal if you're a newbie. Is Phil Good your real name? Because if you are truly a beach vendor and a business person then hiding behind an anonymous name doesn't say much for your integrity as a business owner. If you're not willing to stand up for your business with your own name that doesn't stand for much. When I first saw your name it just looks like a play on the words "feel good." If this isn't your real name I don't see how anyone can have respect for you as a business person or even take you seriously or anything you say seriously. So if this isn't your real name I suggest you change it and introduce yourself to the world and stand up for what you say and back it up with who you are. Obviously, I'm not a fan of anonymity on social platforms. And especially not from business people. So please, introduce yourself; I'd be happy to meet you and so would everyone else. We may already even know you but can't tell because you're hiding behind a fake name. You are a business person aren't you? What's the name of your business as well? So what say you? Phil or Feel or whatever. And if Phil Good is really your name it's nice to meet you.

I don't have an issue with the pseudonyms as much as I do the arrogance and smugness from his very first post when he joined on July 17, 2016 regarding "Fellow Vendors". Trolls are not allowed on SoWal according to Kurt and all he's done since he's posted here is chum the waters and done what little trolls do to amuse themselves and their fellow trolls!

images
images

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Very. I was blessed to be raised in paradise, saw a demand, and took advantage of it like many others have done before me and will continue to do after. It is unfortunate that it has upset a few. The community has never looked better, just look at all this money that is pouring in!
:lol:

troll