• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I don't think it was just the south Walton vote that was apathetic. It certainly was, but the whole county was pretty subpar.

One thing...do you believe that a person running for constitutional office needs to live in or near DeFuniak to win?

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
It really depends on how many generations a person has lived here and whether they are actually a resident of WC when they run. Just ask Cornman about the resident part.

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Here's your answer

AN often heard comment heard from the candidates as I mmet and talked with them was " Oh - I follow the Sowal postings but No Way I'm posting there any longer.

Should we be concerned that was a mind set or just an excuse ?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

This is not a dig at Sowal,, but an atttempt to understand how the process can be improved in the future if any changes need to made.

:dunno:
Go back and read the threads you wrote on me and you will know why people don't want to post on here. See "can Alan Osborne sue himself?" Now that I'm not the candidate there intrested girl can you answer the question on Driftwood? Do you want me to make the county hold the developer responsible for it's actions or should the taxpayers pay the 4 to 10 million for the fix?
As for the hothead issue, I believe in the election, I didn't go door to door with lies neither did I run negative ads against my competitors.
Seems to me over 2300 people like the fact I stood up for myself and my neighbors. It to me is a victory in itself and yes, I'll be right back at the BCC meetings trying to correct what I believe to be an injustice.
Why don't you meet me there, and come to the podium and argue the county's position or the developers, Take your pick. You'll have to use your real name at the county meetings. That goes for MayGirl too, Here's your sign.

I'm voting for
Alan Osborne for County Commissioner District 5, 2012!

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I love it when the agression surfaces. You got 2300 votes; Ms. Jones got about 1600 more. Your 2300 votes came with the full endorsement of a sitting county commissioner. The little lady just went about her business and won.

I think your beef is truly with the developer. I am sure you will keep going back. You stated it was personal and I believe it.

You quit posting here long before the Can Alan sue thread.

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Aggression

You seem facinated with that word. I answered one question after another from you even as you were totally rude. I ask you one and you want to lose it, it's amazing. Just admit you don't understand the whole driftwood issue and you don't understand or know me.:yikes: There is only one way to confirm aggression on this medium. It's the red chicklet and you are the only one in this conversation that has had one.

Answer the question please, or ask Smiling Joe if you can still borrow that shovel to dig a little deeper.

PS - This paragraph was written in the calmest of voices.:funn:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
You seem facinated with that word. I answered one question after another from you even as you were totally rude. I ask you one and you want to lose it, it's amazing. Just admit you don't understand the whole driftwood issue and you don't understand or know me.:yikes: There is only one way to confirm aggression on this medium. It's the red chicklet and you are the only one in this conversation that has had one.

Answer the question please, or ask Smiling Joe if you can still borrow that shovel to dig a little deeper.

PS - This paragraph was written in the calmest of voices.:funn:

Alan, thanks for running an honorable campaign, You had my vote:wave:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
By the way Alan, Bob Hudson's mailing that attacked you (the one with the scoreboard) was an inspiration for one of the Obama signs that were adopted at the SOWAL democrat party tonight:lol:

Johnny Post

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2008
The back and forth we see occurring right now is exactly why candidates are reluctant to engage in discussions in online message boards.

No matter what the answer, the opportunity to misinterpret words, or to wrongly apply a tone or feeling to a writing will lead to an honest attempt at communication being picked over by opponents.

I too agree that a forum for more seasoned posters to interact with candidates might help, but until we can be civil enough to discuss issues with all candidates (even those we might dislike), we are not going to see this as an open conversation.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The back and forth we see occurring right now is exactly why candidates are reluctant to engage in discussions in online message boards.

No matter what the answer, the opportunity to misinterpret words, or to wrongly apply a tone or feeling to a writing will lead to an honest attempt at communication being picked over by opponents.

I too agree that a forum for more seasoned posters to interact with candidates might help, but until we can be civil enough to discuss issues with all candidates (even those we might dislike), we are not going to see this as an open conversation.

The first rule of any forum (life) should be: don't overreact & don't take things too personal.

A politician needs to be able to keep a level head. Almost every one of them who posted here did. They deftly answered the few aggressive questions as they would in any public forum. How they handle themselves is a good measure of their fitness for office.

As for negative posts and attacks, a seasoned politician (or any public speaker) knows that such tactics are an opportunity to gain support. If you look at the thread in question about the Driftwood suit, the first post in response was an ardent response from Smiling Joe, a big Alan supporter. One negative post about a candidate (or say, a local business) usually brings out lots of positive responses. The negative becomes a positive. A chance for the issue to be discussed and clarified.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Your queation gives me two options: 1) Should you sue the county to force the developer to perform (No) or 2 Cause the taxpayers to fix the problem (No - they caused you no harm).

My answer is neither is the correct answer (IMO)

Last edited: