• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Conceivably, it could've rained during that year :rotfl: but not flooded...Duh?
I've lived on my street for 4 years and I've only seen it covered with water once.
Last year trees in the forest were dying because of lack of rain. What's that got to do with anything??

Why are you so bent on this Interested girl? The man and the neighborhood are in the United States of America, they are trying to stand up for what they believe is right and hold responsible parties accountable. It could be your neighborhood next. What if someone signed off on some documents at the county...next thing you know you're living on a toxic dump. How long do you think it will it take you to find out? When you start glowing?

Get over it.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Your queation gives me two options: 1) Should you sue the county to force the developer to perform (No) or 2 Cause the taxpayers to fix the problem (No - they caused you no harm).

My answer is neither is the correct answer (IMO)

I see you edited and took out that part about it not raining for a year. :roll:

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
I believe the Clerk of Courts is required by statute to live within two miles or something like that of the Courthouse.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
A couple of things now that the primary election is over. The first time I saw Alan Osborne at a BCC meeting address them, I thought, "this guy is nothing but a rabble rouser." After a couple more meetings and listening to his presentations and the facts he presented, I realized he not only knew what he was talking about, his "agenda" not only applied to Driftwood, it was applicable to all of SoWal. He, alone practically, was taking on a system that was, and is, definitely broken and trying to bring it back to some semblance of reason and reality. I do not know what we will get now, but I have a definite feeling it will be more of the same. This county is very much in need of change and how they approach development and the regulation of it. I now think there is no way we will see any needed change anytime soon. I can only hope I am wrong.
One other note. I really enjoy this board but I was totally misled as to its influence on the citizenry of Walton County. For instance, I strongly urged Alan Osborne to post and participate in this forum as I thought it would benefit him greatly. Now, I am no longer so sure of its possible effect on political discourse at the local level. I think 90% of the posters here agree our election system for candidate up to the state level is broken. We need to find a way to fix it.

paradiseat30a

Beach Comber
Jul 17, 2008
Your queation gives me two options: 1) Should you sue the county to force the developer to perform (No) or 2 Cause the taxpayers to fix the problem (No - they caused you no harm).

My answer is neither is the correct answer (IMO)

It would be curious to know what your "answer" is to the Drfitwood problem.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
I think some of the candidates became discouraged by the agendas, behavior, and attacks of some of the posters.

Your statement rings true for some of the sheriff candidates in particular as well as a few other races where the candidate was attacked rather than their views or experiences. As was mentioned in the earlier posts on this thread, go read the threads and posts.