• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We are going over today for a walk, and we will conduct hog surveillance while we are there.;-)

Does anybody know if we are allowed to take dogs to Eden? I have looked all over the website and can't find a mention of a dog rule. We thought we should take a fearless boar hunting hounds with us for protection.:rotfl:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hog report. Everybody can rest easy now- crisis over.:rotfl:

We went for a walk at Eden today, and according to the park ranger, the hogs have not been around for about a week- apparently they root out areas, eat, and move on. The park ranger was not too worked up about them, and said we would never see them anyway- they would hear us coming and take off.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Hog report. Everybody can rest easy now- crisis over.:rotfl:

We went for a walk at Eden today, and according to the park ranger, the hogs have not been around for about a week- apparently they root out areas, eat, and move on. The park ranger was not too worked up about them, and said we would never see them anyway- they would hear us coming and take off.

absolutely nothing to worry about. old story.:wave:

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Could Hogs at Eden be an adverse affect of urban sprawl? Could the answer to fighting back against nature's liberation of domesticated property really be a weenie roast?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
JDarg, glad all this was nothing to worry about. If not then you could have earned your Courageous petal!!!:lol:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I hike in the state forest trails in Seagrove nearly daily. I see tracks of Bobcat and Coyote all over the place and the other day I saw a dead coyote being fed on by vultures. I love nature and there is plenty here. I have been looking for snakes on and off the main trails but have yet to see any. I love photographing wildlife. I hope we can always find ways to co-exist with nature, but I know that is rare, especially when conflict occurs. The Western Diamondback Rattlesnake is nearly always killed when seen and subsequently this beautiful creature has been pushed to the brink.

Sorry for rambling, but I love nature. But it is definatley important to know the dangers, so thanks for starting this post.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
One last hog update. yesterday, I took a few Daisy girl scouts on a little hike on Eden's nature trail. We didn't see any hogs. We DID see crazy squirrels, racoon, possum, and deer tracks, a huge spider, cool mushrooms, owl and coyote poop, and now, thanks to Kate, the other girls know all about Skunkapes. Unfortunately, I don't think I can find merit badges for Skunkapes or poop- the 2 most popular topics.:lol:

There were many trees tied with colored tape- big huge healthy looking trees tied with blue, others with yellow, pink, and green. Does anyone know the color significance, or if there some sort of project going on in the woods at Eden?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
If you were traipsing in the woods between Eden and 395, south of and parallel to Gilmore Rd, the flags may have represented the proposed route of the new road from 395 to Eden. Friends of Eden is supposed to go through and flag trees / features that must not be disturbed.