- Oct 15, 2004
We are going over today for a walk, and we will conduct hog surveillance while we are there.;-)
Does anybody know if we are allowed to take dogs to Eden? I have looked all over the website and can't find a mention of a dog rule. We thought we should take a fearless boar hunting hounds with us for protection.
</B>[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Are pets allowed in Florida State Parks? What are your rules and regulations?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Pets are permitted in all areas subject to the following restrictions:[/FONT]
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial]All pets must be confined, leashed, or otherwise under the physical control of a person at all times. Leashes may not exceed six feet in length.[/FONT]
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Pets must be well behaved at all times. Pets must be confined in the owner's camping unit during designated quiet hours. Unconfined pets may not be left unattended for more than 30 minutes and must be leashed.[/FONT]
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Pet owners shall pick up after their pets and properly dispose of all pet droppings in trash receptacles.[/FONT]
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Pets, which are noisy, vicious, dangerous, disturbing or intimidating to other persons, and pets, which damage park resources, are considered to be nuisances and will not be permitted to remain in the park.[/FONT]
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Areas of the park designated as prohibited for pets have been determined as such based on park natural and cultural resources, primary recreational activities, camper and pet health and safety, geographical location and layout of camping areas, and the ability to provide a quality recreational experience for all visitors.[/FONT]
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Domestic breeds of dogs, cats and other fur-bearing pets, (except service dogs and non-human primates of the genus Cebus, which are trained and registered for assisting the physically impaired,) shall be excluded from food-service areas, designated camping areas, cabins, bathing and swimming areas including land and water portions, park buildings, playgrounds, and other designated areas. View the general pet policy.