• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Go Gators

Beach Comber
Aug 5, 2005
Beach access should not be an issue because there are several for that area. Private beach access IS the issue. There are several public beach accesses, although I know of one which is still closed from storm damage in that area.

i agree they are still advertising private beach access on their website.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Beach access should not be an issue because there are several for that area. Private beach access IS the issue. There are several public beach accesses in that area, although I know of one which is still closed from storm damage.

If the developers had left out the word "private" when describing beach access, there would not be a problem for the developers. However, there would still be the problem of many more users being dumped onto the beach in that area.

As a point of clarification, there are two public accesses that have not been rebuilt YET. Gulf PT. Road and Seagrade RD. Both of these will be repaired by May 1. As for restrooms, they will be built at CR 83 Winter 07 if we don't have to reallocate funds for more hurricanes. Let me know if you have any questions...

Brad

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As a point of clarification, there are two public accesses that have not been rebuilt YET. Gulf PT. Road and Seagrade RD. Both of these will be repaired by May 1. As for restrooms, they will be built at CR 83 Winter 07 if we don't have to reallocate funds for more hurricanes. Let me know if you have any questions...

Brad
Winter '07 being Dec, or Jan/Feb?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Redtape Village

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Can somebody from each camp give me a Cliff Note's version of the dispute here? I am way too lazy to read all the thread, but want to know why everyone sounds like they are about to beat the living crap out of each other.
Thanks-S'ape

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Winter '07 being Dec, or Jan/Feb?

Can I be wrong, just kidding. Right now, we hope to have the new restrooms at CR 83 under construction Decemeber 2007. However, this should not be included in ANY sales materials.:)

All walkovers will be open May 2007.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Can somebody from each camp give me a Cliff Note's version of the dispute here? I am way too lazy to read all the thread, but want to know why everyone sounds like they are about to beat the living crap out of each other.
Thanks-S'ape

:dunno: :pissed: :bang: :clap_1: :blink: :rotfl: :nono1: :popcorn: :whack: :scratch: :banging: :drink:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Beach access should not be an issue because there are several for that area. Private beach access IS the issue. There are several public beach accesses in that area, although I know of one which is still closed from storm damage.

If the developers had left out the word "private" when describing beach access, there would not be a problem for the developers. However, there would still be the problem of many more users being dumped onto the beach in that area.

The ability to access the beach is not the issue. The issue is the promised private access on the specific lot east of 83, referenced by legal description and the attached survey in the contract. If this is not provided, the seller is in breach of contract.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
"their proposal has nothing positive to add to the health and use of the beach or the protection of the marine life."

If private beach access is granted, the developers have agreed to construct a day spa for sea turtles on the lot - at least that's what someone told me.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
to try and truly argue that having beach access is not a major selling point is extremely naive.

go gators, i'll make it a little more simple for you to understand. this is where my statement originated:

On the other issues you are being a little too defensive IMHO. Flyforfun made a general statement about the "devlopers" not knowing what they are doing which is pretty evident from the fact that they were offering something they can't get approved and marketed it and got around 60 signed contracts based on it.

who is being naive? i agree it is a major selling point, as you have quite adequately shown us, twice in as many posts. i too have been to their site, see waaaay back at post #8, where BMBW called me out. thanks for your timely input.

Last edited: