• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV, you state your case very well in the above post. I feel the need to direct your attention to the property located west and adjacent to the subject property of 260 Blue Mtn Road. That property to which I refer is 248 Blue Mtn Rd. I believe you know the onwer, or should I say the other seller? He post regularly in this thread. In the recent meeting, I believe he is the one who spoke up and said that he didn't feel that the developer's representative was correct in stating that the surrounding property values would increase around the private beach access. (Personally, I agree that I don't think that would increase the values of adjacent properties.) Regardless of what I think, he just blew his case by increasing the asking price of his property from $6,000,000 to $6,200,000 in today's MLS. (Yes, some of us Realtors still track the market and the listings.:blush:) Did the seller see more potential for value and hence raise the price? Not looking like he fully believes what he preaches. One other point which is addressed regarding 248 Blue Mtn Rd, in the general comments of the listing are the following: (MLS # 450184 for those of you keeping tabs - accessible via www.emeraldcoasthomesonline.com, or your favorite Realtor.)

"Gated New Orleans style Gulf Front Estate located on the Gulf of Mexico off Hwy 30-A in Blue Mountain Beach between Destin and Panama City Beach. With about 77 ft of Gulf Frontage located on one of the highest bluffs in the surrounding area. Unique piece of property and rare opportunity to obtain one of the last lots of its kind with these amazing Gulf views along the Emerald Coast. Property is suitable for many uses.Development opportunity -- This lot is zoned as "In-Fill" to allow multiple dwellings if approved by zoning. Sea wall in place and a private beach access can be constructed.One owner home with the look and feel of a one story estate from New Orleans with Mexican tile, dark panel wood and detail finishes and gulf views from all angles (property needs a little TLC in current condition). A little time and imagination can turn this rare Estate Gulf Front lot into an opportunity of a life time. A must see."

Now again, I am not an attorney, but if I were the attorney or representative for Redfish Village, I would note these words during the meeting when the seller stands up to make his case. I would also note that the single family homes on both sides of the development were for sale.

:rotfl: I really cannot believe that someone fighting against private beach access would list his adjacent property for sale, noting that a "private beach access can be constructed."

I really have to throw some salt his way at anything he says on here.

1. "I believe you know the onwer, or should I say the other seller? He post regularly in this thread. "
I don't think this guy even knows how to use a PC, much less regularly post here. BTW, of course I know the owner...don't we all know our neighbors?;-)

2. "Regardless of what I think, he just blew his case by increasing the asking price of his property from $6,000,000 to $6,200,000 in today's MLS."
Can not a man ask what he wants for his property? As a real estate agent in the area, are you saying he will get what he asks simply because he raises his price? Why doesn't he just bump up the price another 3 million dollars? He will most certainly get that, right? That would then blow our argument regarding deminished property values to smitherines. No real estate slump here!:D

3. "Property is suitable for many uses.Development opportunity"
That statement is absolutely correct. There is a single family home there now.
a. it could be fixed up, even expanded; carriage house added
b. it could be demolished and another single family home built there
c. it could be demolished and probably 2 to 3 single family homes built there
d. it could be demolished and up to 4 gulf front condos could be built there
e. it could be demolished and townhomes built there

There ARE many suitable uses for the property. All of the above are more than welcomed "uses" of the property (by the neighbors I have spoken with).

4."Sea wall in place and a private beach access can be constructed."
SJ, this part I appreciate the least. The property you refer to lost the beach walkover during Hurricane Dennis. To this day, the walkover has not been rebuilt. He got caught with the May 1st cut-off this year. He just has not rebuilt his walkover yet. I believe that walkovers are "constructed", not "private deeded beach accesses" as you seem to allude to which require more lawyers and government approvals than nails and lumber.

5. ":rotfl: I really cannot believe that someone fighting against private beach access would list his adjacent property for sale, noting that a "private beach access can be constructed."
Hopefully you now understand what the owner meant by "private beach access can be constructed".

Thanks for your input.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
what are the facts regarding this shredding you speak of?

Sorry I should have used the word gathering not shredding. But in the end I am sure they made it to the recycle container in much smaller pieces. This does not really matter either.

Update to my 20% ownership post actually NOG owns a portion of Hard2Sell. This does not really matter either in the grand scheme. Just wanted readers to know about the relationship that is all.

Does anyone know why New Orchard Group did not use Hard2Sell to buy lot 2? Was that a tactical move or was it because of something else? Did the transaction already take place or is their a contingency clause.

I am being told that we are not hear to talk about the trailer park that we are here to discuss how we are going to keep the big trucks off of Lot 2.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Edroedrog you asked me to prove you wrong your words not mine. You were wrong on the ownership and you were wrong on almost everything else based on what I have been told. Where there is smoke there is fire and you are smoking. I have told you my agenda and that is that I do not want people walking down the road in front of my house when they could be driven to a single spot I think it is a good idea. You still have not told anybody what your agenda is for coming on and trying to smear people some of who are people that I like. You admitted being wrong about your "facts" now admit whether you were fired or just trying to get out of a contract in a bad market.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Edroedrog you asked me to prove you wrong your words not mine. You were wrong on the ownership and you were wrong on almost everything else based on what I have been told. Where there is smoke there is fire and you are smoking. I have told you my agenda and that is that I do not want people walking down the road in front of my house when they could be driven to a single spot I think it is a good idea. You still have not told anybody what your agenda is for coming on and trying to smear people some of who are people that I like. You admitted being wrong about your "facts" now admit whether you were fired or just trying to get out of a contract in a bad market.

Was just mixed up in the way I typed the info and I corrected it. Facts are facts and LGI owns some of Hard2Sell and RFV.http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/s...tml?from_rss=1 Of course I have been told that this fact does not matter. We are here to stop the PrivateBA and see what we can do to help stop it. That is what I am here for. I want my kids to be able to "experience" the beach without having to sift through people. This is about the future of BMB. I love this area and want to protect it from future developers as well as current ones. Like many have said once you cave for one developer you will have to do it for all. In the end this will make a difference. Sounds like you want all beach front property to be PrivateBA because that is what will happen if this gets approved.

As stated in earlier post I like the Hard2Sell guys too. They are some nice folks. I think they have been backed in a corner though and are the ones taking most of the heat.

Would you post the agenda when you get it? Would be greatly appreciated.

Posting the facts. KT you never put your letter on the line that you had.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
... That is what I am here for. I want my kids to be able to "experience" the beach without having to sift through people. This is about the future of BMB. ...

As stated in earlier post I like the Hard2Sell guys too. They are some nice folks.

So where is your property located, edroedrog? Unless your property is adjacent to lot #2, how will your kids have to sift through people? Lot #2 runs to the mean high water mark, so you shouldn't be on their property anyway, unless you are an owner or guest of Redfish Village.

On a similar note, the only way you will stop people from going to the beach is to blow up the bridges leading to SoWal. The beach is here and you will not stop them from coming. As previously mentioned, they are coming so we better figure out what we are going to do with them when they arrive.

From all of your posts calling those guys liars, and now you stating that they are nice folks, you make anything you say difficult to believe. I still cannot determine whether your abbreviations are for the ficticious names which you are giving people or if they are for the real names. You don't make it easy for us to understand you.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
So where is your property located, edroedrog? Unless your property is adjacent to lot #2, how will your kids have to sift through people? Lot #2 runs to the mean high water mark, so you shouldn't be on their property anyway, unless you are an owner or guest of Redfish Village.

On a similar note, the only way you will stop people from going to the beach is to blow up the bridges leading to SoWal. The beach is here and you will not stop them from coming. As previously mentioned, they are coming so we better figure out what we are going to do with them when they arrive.

From all of your posts calling those guys liars, and now you stating that they are nice folks, you make anything you say difficult to believe. I still cannot determine whether your abbreviations are for the ficticious names which you are giving people or if they are for the real names. You don't make it easy for us to understand you.

SJ-I am talking about future. You obviously only take the points that you want to hear and make them into something I did not say. You must not walk on the beach. I do and when I walk down the beach I do not want to pass through all the PrivateBA area where folks are packed in like sardines. We have done the numbers early on in this thread and you posted something that was louder than words. The pictures you posted were great.

SJ-Go back and read my post. I have said in the past that I thought the Hard2Sell folks were nice too. I think I said they were nice in post 162 as well.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ-I am talking about future. You obviously only take the points that you want to hear and make them into something I did not say. You must not walk on the beach. I do and when I walk down the beach I do not want to pass through all the PrivateBA area where folks are packed in like sardines. We have done the numbers early on in this thread and you posted something that was louder than words. The pictures you posted were great.

SJ-Go back and read my post. I have said in the past that I thought the Hard2Sell folks were nice too. I think I said they were nice in post 162 as well.
Maybe, but how many times have you commented about them being liars, since they supposedly own part of what you refer to as "LyingFish?" I am not making that up. Those are your words and that is what most of us are reading.

You pointing out two posts of your numerous posts, saying that they are nice, is on the same level with a guy meeting a girl, falling in love and saying I love you once in their thirty year marriage. It doesn't add up. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Jim do you have this in PDF? Would love to see it in a PrivateMail? Had someone call me out on the part about LyingFish the other day and would love to see that portion of the contract. That would definitely prove my point.
For the record, this your post number 162. You must once again be mistaken. Straighten up and fly right. ;-)

Last edited: