• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Good point. Since my high school avoided the problem altogether, I wasn't faced with the problem until my philosophy classes in college...

...where we would have thrown anyone out on his ear who compared ID with the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Anansi the Spider. Non sequitur...

Actually, you're right, Anansi was a bad example. :D We do know that Anansi did not create the moon. I will have to look more into this flying spaghetti monster theory. My question is, Who created the spaghetti?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
good post, TFT. I attended a private school, and our science teacher, who was a heavy smoker, was still able to teach us about the problems of smoking, and no one in my class was a regular smoker, at least until after graduating high school. The same lady was also our biology teacher, teaching us about things such as the Theory of Evolution. On the flip-side, every morning in homeroom during our Senior year, she rotated through the roll, asking us to read a short passage from the Bible. It IS possible to study both, with the idea that there are many questions left unanswered.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Actually, you're right, Anansi was a bad example. :D We do know that Anansi did not create the moon. I will have to look more into this flying spaghetti monster theory. My question is, Who created the spaghetti?

It evolved.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I agree with you TFT..that the 2 are totally different subjects. But since public schools HAVE to separate school/church the issue should not even be an issue. They are just trying to find a way around the laws in order to teach religion in public schools. But the reason I brought up FSM is that who is to say which ID theory (God,FSM,Aliens,Allah,etc) do they want to teach? Since most proponents of ID believe the "designer" to be the GOD of Christianity, it is obvious to me that there will be no level playing field as far as the "designer" is concerned.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Here's an interesting Article.

Apparently, the school boards of 11 counties in Florida have passed resolutions against the imposition of the teaching of evolution in their curriculums.

I think man's thirst for knowledge, experimentation, development of theories, etc. is the definition of Intelligent Design.

God also gave us science, and the actual "unfolding" of a science-based theory of Evolution by man, to me, IS the devine, intelligent, and religious (or spiritual) experience of it.

I realize this may only make sense to me :roll:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I think man's thirst for knowledge, experimentation, development of theories, etc. is the definition of Intelligent Design.

God also gave us science, and the actual "unfolding" of a science-based theory of Evolution by man, to me, IS the devine, intelligent, and religious (or spiritual) experience of it.

I realize this may only make sense to me :roll:

It makes sense to a lot of people, but falls under the larger category of philosophy rather than physical science...