• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Re: Anyone know Fortune High Tech Marketing?

Lots of Who-Ha on the web about ".WS" I must admit, this is the first time I've heard of it. I know a lot more about this MLM now than I care to (these MLM things fascinate me--the proliferation of which seems to be a leading indicator that folks are becoming aware we're in a recession.)

OK ...test time:

(1) When was GDI originally established as a business?
(2) What was the year that GDI was #37 in INC.'s top 500?
(3) Will this video help this guy get the GDI promise of "Income for Life?"

1) Mid-1990s
2) 2002
3) :rotfl:

SHELLY because I am obsessive I was Googling around about the same time last night, and I found it interesting to learn that .ws stands for Western Samoa, but is being marketed as standing for WebSite. Basically this company was trolling around for growth opportunities in the mid 90s and decided this domain name might have some.

But nose around and it is clear that to the major companies, .ws is junk. For example, if you type in Nordstrom.biz, Nordstrom.info, Nordstrom.org it will take you to the Nordstrom.com front page. Nordstrom did not buy .ws however because right now and apparently for the forseeable future, it considers it valueless.

That and a number of other big-name .ws names (Microsoft, Yahoo, etc) are "parked" by so called investors. They were available to the public only because when GDI first offered the .ws names directly to Fortune 500 companies, they declined -- according to GDI's own information. I think those companies know whether something is valuable or not.

If this were a viable product, it would be not be so bad of an idea, but a cursory search leads me to believe there is almost nothing in the .ws category besides millions of sales pitches. Yikes! Run Holli Run!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

And I can't imagine anything more demeaning than realizing that I was part of somebody's "upline".

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Thanks TFT.

Everyone - please do not put working MLM links on this site in posts, profiles, or signatures. Thanks!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I dont understand what the problem is with MLM's... I know they work. The one I am involved with sells legitimate website domains. You just happen to get money for people who buy then under you,. You are paying for a website. and selling a website.
:yikes: I just re-read this. Wow! So, you buy a website, promoting websites to others, and their website does nothing but promote more websites. Interesting. Sounds like the, "send me $30 and I'll tell you how to make millions by mailing letters from home," scheme. Send in your $30 and you will be told to ask others to send in their $30 and you share this same information, telling others to send in... repeat....

Hollibird, didn't you and Josh work in the same office at one time? Did you sell him on the MLM?

Last edited:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida

I've been too busy stuffing envelopes, what is this thread about?;-)

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

:yikes: I just re-read this. Wow! So, you buy a website, promoting websites to others, and their website does nothing but promote more websites. Interesting. Sounds like the, "send me $30 and I'll tell you how to make millions by mailing letters from home," scheme. Send in your $30 and you will be told to ask others to send in their $30 and you share this same information, telling others to send in... repeat....

DING, DING, DING...we've got a winner folks! Thanks SJ for connecting the dots. As I was researching the ".WS" pitch, I had a feeling that this scheme sounded familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it--your observation is 100% spot on!

Hollibird

Beach Lover

Like I said, you dont have to even promote this business on your website... you can do whatever you want with it.... its yours. and i am sure alot of people here pay someone to host thier own website.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Yep. I pay less than $10 per year for my domain name. What do yours costs? Just curious why you chose your site to have nothing but advertisements on how people made money by getting others to create a website like yours.

Not intending to pick on you, just trying to understand why people buy into such things. I'm guessing that you are out of the Realtor biz, or you you probably be advertising real estate on your site.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

what does one of your website domain names cost? I couldn't find any info on your site, other than info-mercials.