• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
:pissed:

Has anyone noticed that all of the pre-filed candiates except one have ties to Ralph Johnson.

I have never been a big believer in conspiracies but this one has me really wondering.

Are all of these people simply "running" for one reason and one reason - split the vote 9 ways and so he will win. We even have candidates coming from adjacent counties to run. (He has ties to Ralph as well)

Is Mike Adkinson the only candidate that has no ties to Ralph?

Come on guys are you just cannon fodder for the Sheriff ? Are you the next batch of lieutenants and captains if Ralph wins ? There have been over 300 people show the door during his administration. Whats a few more to get elected. What we need to do is show Ralph the door !

Note : If there are any current employees' of the WCSO - please hurry up and pre qualify so that my theory can be proven.

Last edited:

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
:pissed:

Has anyone noticed that all of the pre-filed candiates except one have ties to Ralph Johnson.

I have never been a big believer in conspiracies but this one has me really wondering.

Are all of these people simply "running" for one reason and one reason - split the vote 9 ways and so he will win. We even have candidates coming from adjacent counties to run. (He has ties to Ralph as well)

Is Mike Adkinson the only candidate that has no ties to Ralph?

Come on guys are you just cannon fodder for the Sheriff ? Are you the next batch of lieutenants and captains if Ralph wins ? There have been over 300 people show the door during his administration. Whats a few more to get elected. What we need to do is show Ralph the door !

Note : If there are any current employees' of the WCSO - please hurry up and pre qualify so that my theory can be proven.

I can definately appreciate your concern, however, I really do not think that Dennis Wise, for one, has any agenda in wanting to keep Ralph Johnson around. I also am pretty sure that one prior candidate, Bill Imfeld, also falls into the category of not being part of the clique, which is why such effort was made to eliminate him early on. I really do not know much about the others and their plans, but I do not think they are in the race to "help" Ralph intentionally.

I think a great deal of this vote splitting concern comes from candidates who mean well and have good intent, entering the race without doing their homework and/or communicating with each other. If an candidate is serious about serving the public, they will look at themselves and really decide if they stand a chance, right now, just about anyone can enter the race and have about even odds with any other candidate.

Please wake up people, although I do not agree with the conspiracy theory posed here, the splitting of the vote is an issue. There are a few candidates that should bow out of the race immediately, pick a candidate to support and start to get active in finding new leadership in law enforcement, not helping (unknowingly) to preserve the current status quo.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I also am pretty sure that one prior candidate, Bill Imfeld, also falls into the category of not being part of the clique, which is why such effort was made to eliminate him early on.

I think what is being pointed out is what ties the candidates have to the department. Imfeld had none, but he is not a candidate at this time so it really does not matter.

Alicia has an excellent report on the current political situation from the Sheriff's pov in this weeks paper. You can read it online
http://southwalton.com/?p=1481.

It would seem that there may be more than one conspiracy afoot, depending on whom you speak.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Are we talking ties to the WCSO, which I certainly hope a candidate would have, or ties to the sheriff himself?

You can't fully understand the WCSO unless you have ties to it. Long-term ties.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Are we talking ties to the WCSO, which I certainly hope a candidate would have, or ties to the sheriff himself?

Shallows...throw your hat in the ring........I think you would make a great sheriff!!!!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

What is to understand? There are not a bunch of secret meetings happening that I am not being invited? I sure hope not. I get left out of so much here lately.

tony4sheriff

Beach Comber
Mar 4, 2008
Hello again,
I would like to address the concerns some of you have with a conspiracy to have Sheriff Johnson re-elected and the thoughts that the candidates have ties to him. I agree with WaltonGOP(RN is that you) it depends on who you talk to as what conspiracy might be thought. I think every issue or situation could have a conspiracy thought, if you allow it. Personally, I can tell you that I am not a part of any conspiracy to have Johnson or anyone else re-elected. My focus and concern is to work hard on my campaign to get TONY CORNMAN elected as your next sheriff. As far as ties to Johnson goes...yes I do know Johnson through my law enforcement profession, do we talk on a regular basis, NO. As a matter of fact, out of courtesy I attempted to contact him to let him know that I was running for sheriff. I left two messages for him and he did not return my calls...so no I would not say that I have close ties to Johnson. I do have ties to the Walton County Sheriff's Office as that is where I began my Law enforcemnt career over 25 years ago.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Hello again,
I would like to address the concerns some of you have with a conspiracy to have Sheriff Johnson re-elected and the thoughts that the candidates have ties to him. I agree with WaltonGOP(RN is that you) it depends on who you talk to as what conspiracy might be thought. I think every issue or situation could have a conspiracy thought, if you allow it. Personally, I can tell you that I am not a part of any conspiracy to have Johnson or anyone else re-elected. My focus and concern is to work hard on my campaign to get TONY CORNMAN elected as your next sheriff. As far as ties to Johnson goes...yes I do know Johnson through my law enforcement profession, do we talk on a regular basis, NO. As a matter of fact, out of courtesy I attempted to contact him to let him know that I was running for sheriff. I left two messages for him and he did not return my calls...so no I would not say that I have close ties to Johnson. I do have ties to the Walton County Sheriff's Office as that is where I began my Law enforcemnt career over 25 years ago.

Thank you for speaking up.:wave: and :welcome:

Jimmy Macon

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2008
To all concern citizens of Walton Conuty.
Just to let you know that I am not and never will be part of an conspiracy to help any candiddate get re-elected or elected. I am in this race for the people and will be a community Sheriff who cares for the citizens safety,respect and concerns. Yes I did work under Sheriff Johnson for five years before leaving in May 2005 to persue my dreams of becoming a Sheriff who will enforce the laws fairly, but at the same work with the citizens to make our county a safer place to live, work and play.
Thanks J. Macon

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
To all concern citizens of Walton Conuty.
Just to let you know that I am not and never will be part of an conspiracy to help any candiddate get re-elected or elected. I am in this race for the people and will be a community Sheriff who cares for the citizens safety,respect and concerns. Yes I did work under Sheriff Johnson for five years before leaving in May 2005 to persue my dreams of becoming a Sheriff who will enforce the laws fairly, but at the same work with the citizens to make our county a safer place to live, work and play.
Thanks J. Macon

thank you jimmy! and welcome.