• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Yes, it is the old Jr. Food Store. SN, I know wanting it to have burn down is harsh but that place just looks bad....I bet it rakes in the money though...:D

Yes, pig roast. There was a guy selling food out front from a cart for a while. I guess his operation became to "hot" to handle...

Character is right. I bet a $100 Punzy would not even walk in that store. I know I cringe when I do and I am a Rebel flag loving redneck! :lol:

Hold on to your Confederate dollars there, she happens to know that she can score a Sunday New York Times there long after the early birds snatch them at the more fru-fru spots on 30A.:lol:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Hold on to your Confederate dollars there, she happens to know that she can score a Sunday New York Times there long after the early birds snatch them at the more fru-fru spots on 30A.:lol:

oh snap! you got me! :rotfl: I figured that if she left the Black Angus so quick then she would not set a foot into this place. The New York Times must be a powerful paper...:D

Last edited:

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
The worst part about this Buddy's is walking through the metal commercial front door that is now boaded up with plywood.

Imagine working in a convenience store and not being able to see who just walked in, until they are already in the store!

Is the place really for sale? How much?

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
seems like a potential goldmine with that location....only rippymart close enough for the rosemary...watersound...camp creek crowd to grab anything quickly. I imagine most people now drive to seagrove to avoid it!

Cali

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2007
Here
I knew someone out there had a good idea. Thank you Sunny456. I will also call the code enforcement department to make a complaint. You can see the violations from just looking at it. God know what's going on inside.:dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Call code enforcement. Phone: 850-622-0000
We are supposed to have scenic corridor requirements along 98.

did they really roast a pig there???? Who thought that was a good idea? Sounds like we lost out on a great Darwin award.

I've complained to code enforcement in the past, but not since the fire. Will put that on my to-do list for next week.
I didn't realize that roasting a pig on a property adjacent to Hwy 98 was against code. You might want to point out the ordinance to the BBQ place, located on Hwy 98 in the Sandestin area.

And you people said that SoWal doesn't have character. You just have to go outside of Rosemary to find it. ;-)

Remember that book written by Huxley, Brave New World, in which he was pointing out the problems with Utopia? Buddy's gives us reminders that we don't live in Utopia, and that we need to learn to appreciate the balance, and recognize that not everyone is the same. It's like shopping at Kelly's, in Freeport. Shopping there makes one realize just how nice it is to shop at Publix.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I knew someone out there had a good idea. Thank you Sunny456. I will also call the code enforcement department to make a complaint. You can see the violations from just looking at it. God know what's going on inside.:dunno:
:rotfl:Does no one else find this hilarious? I mean I personally find more than 3 stuccoed white with brown trim homes in a 50' area to be offensive, I also find that more than 50 businesses in a 1/4 mile area that are ALL painted teal,taupe&tan to be offensive ....but that is the code. Would it be ok if they painted it the above mentioned colors? Maybe a little stucco would make it more acceptable? :dunno:But hey.. they need to put some miles on those new F-150s and burn a few more gallons of gas at our expense...so go ahead and call them. Please post any thing they can do about those violations. The only one I can think of would be packing TOO MUCH crap in a small area. But that pretty much describes ALL of NWFL these days.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
there must be more important things to worry about. have none of you bought gas there?
No. I seriously don't trust it. The paint colors have nothing to do with it and not the fact that it is old, either. And roasting a pig is fine with me. It's the filth. There is old and funky with country charm and then there is just plain old filth. :shock: